Brisket Spaghetti is a fabulous way to enjoy leftover smoked brisket from your weekend cookout. The smoky brisket is combined with pasta, peppers, onions and plenty of Italian spices for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Smoked brisket is on our grilling menu pretty regularly. It's a great way to meal prep for the week and leftover brisket has tons of possibilities that go way beyond sandwiches.
Brisket Spaghetti ~ Easy Leftover Brisket Recipe
- Olive Oil ~ For cooking the onion and peppers, makes the base for the sauce.
- Onion ~ Caramelized onion adds amazing flavor to the pasta and compliments the smoked meat.
- Bell Pepper ~ Cooks along with the onions for delicious flavor.
- Garlic ~ Fresh minced garlic adds aromatic flavor perfect for pasta.
- Smoked Brisket ~ If you don't have leftover brisket, pick some up from your local bbq place or roast beef will also work.
- Spaghetti ~ Egg Noodles or Kluski Noodles are great options for the pasta.
- Basil, Thyme, Oregano ~ Classic Italian spices flavor the pasta.
- Butter ~ Just a little butter to add creaminess to the pasta.
- Kosher Salt & Pepper
How to Make Brisket Spaghetti:
- Cook diced onion, peppers and garlic in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat until vegetables start to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti according to package directions.
- Stir in chopped brisket and lower to simmer.
- Drain spaghetti.
- Drizzle olive oil in the spaghetti pan and add spaghetti, toss with tongs.
- Add brisket mixture.
- Season with basil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Add butter.
- Use tongs to toss mixture until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, green onions and finely grated parmesan cheese if desired.
How to Store and Reheat:
This is one of those dishes that makes amazing leftovers. Store cooled spaghetti in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in a skillet with about a tablespoon of water over medium heat. Stir often until heated through, about 3- 5 minutes.
More Leftover Brisket Recipes:
Brisket Tacos is my favorite meal, ever. Smoky brisket filled crunchy taco shells topped with the best toppings is just as good as it sounds.
Brisket Taquitos are another Tex-Mex favorite. Flour tortillas filled with smoky brisket and cheese is snacking perfection.
Brisket Mac and Cheese is amazing comfort food. Homemade mac and cheese topped with barbecue brisket makes for a family favorite that does not taste like leftovers!
Brisket Pizza is one of the best homemade pizzas that we have ever tasted. Made on the grill for a restaurant quality pizza that can't be beat.
The next time you have a bit of leftover brisket, give this smoked brisket spaghetti a try or a quick and easy 30 minute meal. It's so full of flavor and is sure to please even the picky eaters.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- ⅔ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound spaghetti
- ½ pound smoked brisket
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese for garnish, optional
- Cook diced onions, bell peppers and minced garlic in a pan with ⅓ cup of olive oil over medium heat. Stir often, cooking until vegetables are caramelized.
- Boil spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- Add brisket to skillet to onion mixture. Lower to simmer and stir to combine.
- Place remaining olive oil in pasta pan and place over low heat. Add drained spaghetti and toss to coat.
- Next, add brisket, basil, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and butter.
- Toss with tongs until mixture is well combined.
- Serve with tomatoes, green onions and parmesan if desired.
Store cooled spaghetti in a covered dish in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in a skillet with a tablespoon of water over medium heat. Stir often until cooked through, about 3- 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 721Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 666mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.