Creamsicle Fudge is one of our favorite treats for the holidays. A nostalgic flavor that everyone loves and makes a fantastic homemade gift for any occasion.
I've been on quite a fudge kick this holiday season getting ready to make candy baskets for our family and neighbors. I think the Cashew Fudge is going to be a new favorite this year along with a this Creamsicle Fudge. If you are a fan of the orange cream sodas or creamsicle ice cream bars, this fudge will be your new favorite too.
Ingredients for Creamsicle Fudge:
- Evaporated Milk
- White Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallow Creme
- Orange extract
- Orange Food Coloring
How to Make Creamsicle Fudge:
- Gather ingredients, open the Marshmallow creme and set a small bowl aside.
- Add sugar, evaporated milk and butter to a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat bring mixture to a boil for four minutes.
- Remove from heat, quickly add white chocolate chips.
- Add marshmallow creme.
- Mix well.
- Remove one cup of fudge to the small bowl that was set aside.
- Mix in orange extract and food coloring.
- Mix well.
- Pour white chocolate fudge into the prepared baking dish and smooth evenly.
- Drizzle about ⅔ of the orange fudge over the white chocolate fudge.
- Swirl with a knife or spatula.
- Dollop remaining orange fudge over the pan.
- Swirl to mix well.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until completely set.
- Remove from pan to a cutting board. Trim edges and cut into 1 inch squares.
HOW TO STORE FUDGE:
Fudge can be stored in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature for about 2 weeks. Refrigerate up to 4 weeks.
Fudge doesn't have to be complicated or intimidating. This easy recipe doesn't require a candy thermometer or difficult ingredients. It turns out creamy and delicious every single time. My mother in law made this many years ago after finding it in a Taste of Home book or magazine and I've been making it ever since. It's basically a no-fail recipe.
I also love that fudge can be made well in advance and keeps well in the refrigerator. I make goodie baskets for family and friends for the holidays and this orange cream fudge is always a favorite.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 1 package 12 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 jar 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons orange extract
- 10- 12 drops orange food coloring
- Gather all of the ingredients. Open the marshmallow creme and set a small bowl aside to mix the orange fudge.
- Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk into a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally .
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips and marshmallow creme.
- Stir until mixture in completely combined.
- Pour one cup of fudge into the reserved bowl.
- Pour remaining fudge into the prepared pan and smooth evenly.
- Add orange extract and food coloring to the small bowl of fudge and stir until well combined and no white steaks remain.
- Drizzle about ⅔ of orange mixture over fudge.
- Swirl deep into the fudge with a knife or spatula.
- Dollop remaining orange fudge over pan of fudge and swirl.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from baking dish to a cutting board and cut into 1 inch pieces.
Store fudge in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature for about 2 weeks or refrigerate for about 4 weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 44mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.