This Cranberry Almond Muffins Recipe is a wonderful morning treat to enjoy for the holidays or to add to your holiday goodie baskets!
Cranberry Almond Muffins
Muffins are my one of my favorite breakfast treats and these cranberry almond muffins are sure to get your morning off to a great start.
So how’s your Christmas shopping coming along? I ordered just a couple of things on Friday but I’m just really starting to think about it. I kept saying that if I survived last week, the rest of the year would be a little easier. I hope I’m not kidding myself.
I think I like holiday baking just as much as holiday shopping. Last year we were in the finishing stages of our Log Cabin and I didn’t do a lot of baking but this year is a different story.
These Cranberry Almond Muffins are packed with tart cranberries and crunchy almonds and have the best texture.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixer bowl and beat until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined. Fold in cranberries and scoop into lined or greased muffin tins.
- In a small. bowl, combine sliced almonds and brown sugar. Spoon over muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.