Triple Chocolate Snack Cakes are the perfect treat to bake and share for the holidays or any special occasion. Delicious chocolate cake is drenched in decadent chocolate ganache and topped with a milk chocolate candy and decorative sprinkles for a dessert that is sure to please!
This post has been sponsored by MARS, Pillsbury and Ziploc. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The holidays are my favorite time of the year. Even though I work too hard, plan too little and try accomplish too much, it’s still my favorite.
This year I wanted to add in something extra special, so I made these Triple Chocolate Snack Cakes and let me tell you, they are every kind of delicious.
I started out with a Pillsbury Moist Supreme Chocolate Premium Cake Mix and baked it up in a sheet pan according to the package directions.
I let it cool and then used my cookie cutter to cut little snack cakes. It was super easy and the mini cakes make individual servings and I love that!I heated some heavy cream and poured over a package of semi-sweet chocolate chips and stirred it together for the chocolate ganache. Ganache also makes the best hot cocoa on demand when you stir it into hot milk. I often keep a jar of ganache in the refrigerator for the holidays.
I dipped the cakes into the ganache by placing them upside down and then flipping them over. I poured extra over the sides needed and didn’t worry about the bottoms getting coated. I placed them on a wire rack inside a sheet pan to catch any drips.
Next I added the delicious Dove Milk Chocolate Gifts to the top, I may have taste tested one or two but that’s just part of the job, right? Then added a few holiday sprinkles. I placed the pan in the refrigerator for 2 hours for the ganache to set up.
When I was picking up the Pillsbury Cake Mixes and Dove Chocolates at Target, I found these super cute Ziploc Holiday Medium Containers and just knew they would be perfect for my holiday goodie gifts.
I love giving goodies in cute containers that can be used again and again. Seriously, how adorable are these Ziploc Holiday Containers? I also love the Ziploc Holiday Bags to package my treats.
I lined the Ziploc Containers with parchment paper and placed the snack cakes inside. Popped the lid on and placed them in the refrigerator until I was ready to deliver the goodies.
These Triple Chocolate Snack Cakes have endless decorating possibilities and are so simple and easy to make. I can be a bit challenged when it comes to decorating baked goods and so I got a little help adding the sprinkles from my son’s girlfriend, Abby. I so enjoy having her to hang out with in the kitchen!
I’m always crazy- busy during the holidays and I love it when I can put together a thoughtful gift that I made myself to share with those I love.
To save on the products featured in this post, use this Cartwheel offer the next time you shop at Target!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- 1 Pillsbury® Moist Supreme Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 package Dove® Milk Chocolate Gifts
- Decorative sprinkles - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, oil and water until well combined. Pour batter into a greased sheet pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a 2 to 3 inch round cookie cutter, cut cake into circles, I made 15. Reserve remaining cake in a Ziploc bag for another use such as trifles or cake balls.
- Add chocolate chips to a bowl. Heat heavy cream over medium- high heat until it comes to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip snack cakes into chocolate ganache to cover top and sides. Place on a wire rack placed inside a baking sheet.
- Place a Dove Milk Chocolate Gift in the center of each snack cake and decorate with sprinkles. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Line Ziploc Containers with parchment paper and carefully place snack cakes inside. Snap on the Ziploc Container lids and keep refrigerated until serving