OREO Cookie Balls are a holiday staple and I’m giving them a fun twist today making these easy OREO Cookie Ball Snowmen! So simple and easy to decorate with the kids!
Thanks to OREO Cookies for sponsoring this post.
I get so excited for the holidays. I tend to make way too many plans, stay entirely too busy and get a little crazy but it’s always fun. OREO Cookie Balls are one of my favorite treats to make for the holidays. They are so incredibly delicious but oh, so easy to make!
I headed to Walmart for my weekly shopping trip and made sure to pick up everything I needed for these OREO Cookie Ball Snowmen. OREO Cookies, cream cheese, Wilton White Candy Melts and some fun sprinkles for decoration.
The food processor does all of the work, combining ingredients. I used my small cookie scoop and popped them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, I melted the candy melts for dipping. Semi- sweet chocolate works too, but I thought the white candy melts would make cute snowmen.
I added candy for the eyes and nose and buttons on the belly. The possibilities are limitless for making cute snowmen!
I let the decorations set and then dipped the bottom of the cookie balls into the melted candy melts and stacked them together. I stacked two at a time and popped them in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure they wouldn’t fall over before they set.
The kids will love making each snowman unique with their own decorations and what a cute treat for holiday parties or sharing with family and friends!
I sprinkled a few of the OREO Cookie Balls with crushed OREOs and they look so pretty!
Make sure to add OREO Cookie Balls to your holiday plans and they are sure to become a family favorite!
Learn more about the different varieties of OREOs available at Walmart for your next baking project! www.holidayOREO.com
You might also like my Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Balls!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- 1 package (8 oz) brick cream cheese, softened
- 42 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3-1/2 cups), divided
- 12 oz Wilton White Candy Melts or semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Candy sprinkles for decoration
- MIX cream cheese and 3 cups cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
- Add candy decorations to create eyes, nose and buttons before set. Dip each ball into melted candy melts and stack two at a time. Return to freezer for about 5 minutes to set and repeat until you have stacks of 3.