Coconut Mojitos are a festive drink to make for Christmas and delicious enough to serve for any occasion. A light and creamy coconut and lime flavored cocktail made with rum.
Classic mojitos are made with mint, lime and rum and they are one of the most refreshing drinks to make at home. We’ve made several variations like Blackberry Mojitos, Pineapple Mojitos and Cucumber Mojitos but the coconut is by far my favorite.
- Fresh Mint
- Coconut Milk
- Light Rum
- Pomegranate Arils
Step By Step Directions
- Add mint leaves, lime slices to each glass. Muddle using a cocktail muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Use a cocktail jigger to measure the coconut milk and pour over the lime mixture.
- Next, measure and pour the rum.
- Top with Sprite.
- Fill with crushed ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint, lime wedge and pomegranate arils.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Coconut Milk comes in a can and can usually be found in the Asian food isle or near the milk alternatives. When you open the can, it is separated with the thick cream rising to the top. Pour the entire contents of the can into a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into a pitcher for mixing drinks.
Store leftover coconut milk in an air tight container in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
If you can’t find coconut milk, it seems like it’s pretty simple to make your own from unsweetened coconut and water.
Yield: This recipe makes 2 cocktails, double as needed to serve a crowd.
Occasions: Perfect for Christmas and New Year’s Eve celebrations due to the white color but these coconut mojitos are delicious to serve anytime of year for any occasion.
What You need for Cocktails at Home
Coconut Mojitos are smooth and the rum is not overpowering, making them great for holiday cocktail parties. The flavor combination of coconut and lime is a classic and they are so delicious, it’s hard to stop at just one!
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 thin slices of lime, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 4 ounces light rum
- 12 ounces Sprite
- crushed ice
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils, optional garnish
- Add about 5 mint leaves to each glass with a couple of slices of lime and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Muddle with a cocktail muddler or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Add the coconut milk, rum and Sprite.
- Fill the glass with ice and stir to combine.
- Garnish with mint sprig, lime slice and pomegranate arils.
Coconut Milk comes in a can and can usually be found in the Asian food isle or near the milk alternatives. When you open the can, it is separated with the thick cream rising to the top. Pour the entire contents of the can into a bowl and whisk until smooth.
Pour into a pitcher for mixing drinks. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 10 days.
Double recipe as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 5gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.