Chocolate Mint Cupcakes are an easy and delicious dessert to make for any occasion. Made with a box cake mix and homemade cream cheese mint frosting.
Cupcakes are a pretty irresistible treat for holidays, celebrations and simple enough for a weekday dessert. If you love Andes Mints you are sure to love these cupcakes and this No Bake Mint Chocolate Chip Cheesecake.
Chocolate Mint Cupcakes ~ with Cream Cheese Mint Frosting
I like to have dessert every day so I love quick and easy recipes like these short cut cupcakes. The cream cheese mint frosting makes these moist and delicious cupcakes something special. Great for celebrating St. Patrick's Day and Christmas too.
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
For the Icing:
- Cream Cheese
- Vanilla Extract
- Peppermint Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Chocolate Mint Cupcakes:
- In a mixer bowl, add cake mix with softened butter, milk and eggs. Beat with mixer at low speed until combined then raise to medium speed for a few minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl if needed and continue mixing until all combined.
- Spray 2 cupcake tins with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Fill cupcake tins half way with cake batter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing add softened cream cheese and softened butter in a mixer and beat until creamy.
- Add vanilla and peppermint extracts and beat until combined.
- Next, add powdered sugar. Mix on low speed until incorporated and then raise to medium speed beating until light and fluffy.
- Add about 5 drops of green food coloring and continue to mix.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula and continue to mix until no white streaks remain.
- Spread or pipe icing over cooled cupcakes.
- I use this OXO Decorating Bottle that makes it so easy.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips over icing.
How to Store Cupcakes:
The cream cheese frosting needs to be refrigerated. Cover iced cupcakes and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
More Chocolate Desserts to Try:
Chocolate Rum Cake is a classic recipe that also starts with a box cake mix and instant pudding with the most amazing dark rum glaze. One of my favorite cake recipes.
Dark Chocolate Mint Cheesecake Brownies If you love the chocolate and mint combo, these rich and decadent brownies are a must- try. Fudgy brownies with cream cheese and dark chocolate and mint baking chips.
Brownie Pudding Pie is a rich and delicious dessert that is so easy to make. A layer of fudge brownie topped with chocolate pudding and whipped cream. This is one of those desserts that you will make again and again.
This Chocolate Mint Cupcakes Recipe is a quick and delicious dessert to make any day of the week something special. A tried and true cupcake recipe that everyone loves.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 15.25 oz box chocolate cake mix
- 1 3.9 oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 5 drops green food coloring
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees°.
In a large mixer bowl add cake mix, pudding mix, milk, eggs, and butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for about 2 minutes and then at medium speed an additional one to two minutes or until combined and smooth.
Pour into 24 lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes in tins and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare icing: Add cream cheese and butter into a large mixer bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium until creamy.
- Add peppermint and vanilla extracts and beat until combined.
- Add powdered sugar mixing on low until combined, drizzle in milk, beating about 2 minutes.
- Add food coloring and mix well. Scrape the bowl and continue to beat until combined.
- Pipe or spread icing over cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with mini chocolate chips.
Store iced cupcakes covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 258mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.