Butter Chicken is a delicious mild curry dish that comes together in under an hour for a hearty family meal.
Weeknight dinners do not have to be the same old boring meal, week after week. This Indian Butter Chicken is really quite simple and ready to go in under an hour. Truly a new family favorite!
I’m partnering up with Team Farberware to help families get dinner on the table featuring cuisines of the world with this simple Butter Chicken.
As a food blogger it seems that I just cook all day and take photos and that getting dinner on the table would never be a problem. I wish. Lots of days I think of what it would be like if food blogging was just cooking and taking photos.
Don’t get me wrong, I have the best job in the world, but there’s so much more to it. Emails, oh the never ending stream of emails, the contracts to negotiate, and the promotion.
Then I add in my social media management work, handling the Kaycee Cutter orders, ranch bookwork, and then every day family activities. Some days are crazy and it ends up with the choice of cereal or ramen noodles for dinner or if they are lucky, burgers.
I have had Butter Chicken on my list to try for a long time. I was a bit intimidated by it actually. I didn’t know if my family would like it or not.
To my surprise, Butter Chicken is super simple and my family loved it! Now that is a gold medal weeknight dinner! I served it over rice and I have to say this will be on the dinner rotation for sure!
More weeknight dinner ideas:
Kung Pao Chicken
Greek Style Frittata from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Add butter to a pan and place over medium- high heat. Add garlic, ginger and onion and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut chicken breasts into bite- sized pieces, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine garam masala, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper. Add to onion mixture and cook 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, cream and yogurt and whisk together to combine.
- Add chicken and stir until well combined. When mixture just starts to bubble, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve over rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 244mgSodium: 1235mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 53g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.