Bruschetta Butter Potatoes are a delicious side dish for just about any meal. Thick slices of potato are pan fried in butter and topped with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil for a tasty addition to your next dinner.
My family would be completely satisfied with every meal consisting simply of meat and potatoes. If your family is the same, change up the dinner routine with these buttery potatoes topped with flavorful tomatoes, melted mozzarella and fresh herbs.
Bruschetta Butter Potatoes ~ Tasty Side Dish
These potatoes are every kind of delicious. The outsides are crispy with brown butter flavor, while the insides are light and fluffy. Even more delicious flavor with the classic addition of tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Russet Potatoes ~ Yukon gold potatoes would also be great for this recipe.
- Butter ~ Olive oil can be substituted but the browned butter flavor is delicious with these potatoes.
- Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub ~ My favorite seasoning mix for vegetables and so good to have on hand for anything on the grill.
- Mozzarella Cheese ~ Melts perfectly over the tomatoes.
- Tomatoes ~ If you have garden fresh tomatoes, they are the best. Can tomatoes work great too, just drain from the juice.
- Basil ~ Fresh basil or any fresh herbs that you have on hand will add great flavor to the potatoes.
How to Make Bruschetta Butter Potatoes:
- Scrub potatoes and dry well.
- Slice into about ½ - ¾ inch slices.
- Melt ¼ cup of butter into a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season potatoes with garlic and onion rub and place in butter. Season the top side of potatoes.
- Cook for about 7 -10 minutes.
- Add remaining butter into pan and when it melts, flip potatoes.
Continue to cook about 5- 10 minutes until potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- Remove to a sheet pan or grill pan.
- Top with half of mozzarella cheese.
- Place a few chunks of tomato over mozzarella.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Grill or bake at about 350° until cheese is melted, about 8- 10 minutes.
- Garnish with basil or fresh herbs and serve immediately.
If you have your grill going, I highly recommend finishing these potatoes on the grill. They tomatoes pick up smoky flavor that takes this to the next level of deliciousness. If you aren't grilling, just pop them in the oven for the cheese to melt.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Potatoes can be reheated in a microwave in 30 second intervals, in a covered skillet with butter over medium heat or in an air fryer at 350° for about 3- 4 minutes.
More Potato Side Dishes:
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is one of my most popular sides for just about any meal. Tons of flavor with ranch dressing, bacon and lots of cheese.
Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole is always a favorite and can be served for any meal of the day. This recipe is from scratch and has a rich and creamy sauce instead of can soup.
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are quick and easy and so delicious. One of my favorites to make for summer meals without heating up the oven.
Smoked Sausage Potato Rounds are delicious and are also finished on the grill for that delicious smoky flavor. Great with a grilled steak or pork chops.
These bruschetta butter potatoes are really tasty and something different to add to your dinner plans. It's one of my favorite side dishes and goes with everything.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Garlic and Onion Rub
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Slice into ½ - ¾ slices across the whole potato.
- Melt ¼ cup of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season potatoes on both sides with rub.
- Cook potatoes in a single layer for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ¼ cup of butter to the skillet, when melted, flip the potatoes and continue to cook another 5- 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove to a baking sheet or grill pan.
- Top with half of shredded cheese.
- Add a few diced tomatoes over the cheese and add remaining cheese to the top.
- Bake or Grill at 350° for 5 -10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Store potatoes in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat potatoes in microwave in 30 second intervals or in a covered skillet with butter over medium heat. An air fryer is also a great option at 350° for 3- 4 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 397Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.