As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a great addition to any meal and a must-have for every summer cookout! Delicious red potatoes, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions and the classic ranch is a combination that can’t be topped! Add this easy potato salad to your menu!
This post has been sponsored by Hidden Valley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Hidden Valley® Original Ranch has been a staple in my kitchen for as on long as I can remember. It’s our favorite for everything from potato salad and pasta salad to dipping fries, pizza or chicken strips.
Right now you can buy Hidden Valley at Walmart and support Feeding America®. Every $1 helps provide at least 10 meals through Feeding America on behalf of local food banks. Every item you purchase provides 1 meal.
I am very aware of the good that local food banks provide to local families. Here in Oklahoma, we live in the poorest county in the state. Hunger is a real issue. There are several small food banks in our county that are supported by the larger cities food banks.
Food Banks are vital to our county and I am always eager to support them through food drives and making purchases at Walmart that support Fight Hunger: Feeding America.
How to Make Bacon Ranch Potato Salad:
- Cook 3 pounds of red potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool sightly.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add cooked bacon, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, pepper and Hidden Valley Ranch.
- Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. You can reserve the bacon and stir it in before serving if you like.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is the best side dish for any summer cookout and simple enough for weeknight meals. There’s just a few pantry ingredients and Hidden Valley Ranch makes this easy potato salad delicious and super quick to make.
Do you leave the skins on for potato salad?
I like to boil the potatoes whole and cut them after they are cooked. You can easily remove the skins after cooking if you would like. The skin is usually tender and adds a nice color and texture to the potato salad. Peeling the potatoes is optional.
How long does potato salad last?
When refrigerated properly, potato salad should last 3- 4 days but best in the first 2 days.
More Summer Sides To Try:
Creamy Coleslaw is a great compliment to any summer meal and these Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are so simple. This Easy Potato Salad is always a favorite and you can’t go wrong with The Best Macaroni Salad. Hidden Valley Ranch fans will love these Buttermilk Ranch Dinner Rolls!
How to Support Fight Hunger Feed America:
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Hidden Valley Original Ranch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook at a low boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and peel if desired.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onions, cheese, bacon, Hidden Valley Ranch and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
*Reserve bacon and add to potato salad just before serving if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g