Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a great addition to any meal and a must-have for every summer cookout! Delicious red potatoes, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions and the classic ranch is a combination that can't be topped!
Add this easy potato salad to your menu for your next cookout or BBQ.
Hidden Valley Original Ranch has been a staple in my kitchen for as on long as I can remember. It's our favorite for everything from potato salad and Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad to dipping fries, pizza or chicken strips.
Quick and easy side dishes are a must for summer meals and this easy potato salad is a so simple to make. It's a real crowd pleaser too.
How to Make Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Cook 3 pounds of red potatoes until fork tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool sightly.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add cooked bacon, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, pepper and Hidden Valley Ranch.
- Mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. You can reserve the bacon and stir it in before serving if you like.
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is the best side dish for any summer cookout and simple enough for weeknight meals. There's just a few pantry ingredients and Hidden Valley Ranch makes this easy potato salad delicious and super quick to make.
Do you leave the skins on for potato salad?
I like to boil the potatoes whole and cut them after they are cooked. You can easily remove the skins after cooking if you would like. The skin is usually tender and adds a nice color and texture to the potato salad. Peeling the potatoes is optional.
How long does potato salad last?
When refrigerated properly, potato salad should last 3- 4 days but best in the first 2 days.
More Summer Sides To Try:
Creamy Coleslaw is a great compliment to any summer meal and these Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are so simple.
This Easy Potato Salad is always a favorite and you can't go wrong with this Jalapeno Potato Salad with a spicy kick. The Best Macaroni Salad is always a hit and Hidden Valley Ranch fans will love these Buttermilk Ranch Dinner Rolls!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is a great addition to any meal and a must-have for every summer cookout! Delicious red potatoes, crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, green onions and the classic ranch is a combination that can't be topped! Add this easy potato salad to your menu!
- 3 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 cup diced green onions
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Hidden Valley Original Ranch
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Scrub potatoes and place in a large pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook at a low boil until fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside to cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces and peel if desired.
- Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add onions, cheese, bacon, Hidden Valley Ranch and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
*Reserve bacon and add to potato salad just before serving if desired.
Store potato salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 388Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 10g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.
This recipe sounds great. I think we could make this even better by making this a 7 ingredient tater salad. Many moons ago I learned that by doing this makes a BETTER tater salad and should be made this way anyway!! What is it? very simple......Use 2 different types of taters, New potatoes and the Russet. Try it sometime. I guarantee you will enjoy it. A dab of sweet pickle relish wouldn't hurt either.