Broccoli with toasted walnuts is a healthy side dish to add to any meal. It's super quick and a tasty vegetable to add to your dinner plans.
Broccoli with Toasted Walnuts
Meat and potatoes makes the ideal dinner for my guys but they are always glad to see broccoli with walnuts on the side. It's so simple to make with fresh or frozen broccoli and comes together really quickly.
How to Make Broccoli with Toasted Walnuts:
- Bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli florets to boiling water.
- Cook for about 6 minutes. Drain broccoli.
- Next, pour olive oil to the pan and place over medium- high heat.
- Add broccoli to oil. Season with kosher salt, garlic and pepper, stir well.
- Mix in toasted walnuts and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
How to Steam Broccoli:
Place about 1 ½ inches of water in the bottom of a pan and add steamer insert. Bring water to a boil. Add broccoli and cover with a lid. Steam for 4- 5 minutes or until broccoli is cooked through. Finish broccoli with olive oil, seasonings and walnuts.
How to Toast Walnuts:
Place walnuts on a baking pan and bake at 350° for 8- 10 minutes. Store cooled walnuts in an airtight container.
If you haven't tried it before, adding walnuts to broccoli adds great flavor and a crunchy texture to the vegetable.
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add in broccoli florets cooking about 6 to 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender and heated through.
- Drain broccoli in a colander.
- Add olive oil to the pan and place over medium- high heat.
- Return broccoli to the pan and season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir in walnuts and stir, cooking about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 329mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.