As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quick Lemon Chicken Broccoli Bowls recipe is my new favorite weeknight dinner! So simple and bursting with flavor, it is sure to be a new family favorite at your house too!
This post has been sponsored by Wish-Bone and Tyson. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Quick Lemon Chicken Broccoli Bowls
I’m taking the stress out of dinner for you and you won’t believe how easy this dinner comes together. The ingredients are simple and the preparation is so quick and easy. The flavor is crazy- delicious and it’s a meal that I feel good about feeding my family.
I’m always saying that my guys would just as soon have meat and potatoes and skip the veggies but I didn’t hear a single complaint about this dinner that is packed with veggies! Maybe I’m winning them over.
I picked up a few simple ingredients at Kroger that make this dinner the easiest and most delicious! Tyson Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breasts and the incredibly flavorful Wish-Bone EVOO Lemon Herb Dressing.
I found the TortillaLand Flour Tortillas in the refrigerated section, near the Mexican cheese. You are going to love these authentic tortillas for more than this dish, believe me!
I added carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts into the mix and served it over brown rice.
I added some creative toppings of toasted sliced almonds, fresh cilantro and crispy TortillaLand Tortillas topped with a few black sesame seeds.
I wasn’t sure what my family would think of this dinner. I have seen lots of rice bowls while perusing Pinterest and in pages of food magazines. Honestly, I thought it would be intimidating. It wasn’t at all. Seriously, this dinner comes together in about 30 minutes.
When my guys hit the door for dinner, they are ready to eat. Most days I am busy on the computer or doing paperwork and often times I forget to make a dinner plan. Isn’t that half the battle when it comes to dinner? Just deciding what to cook and find something that everyone will eat can be a huge hurdle.
I’ve been keeping several varieties of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken in my freezer to help out on those busy days. It saves my sanity and makes getting dinner on the table in a reasonable amount of time possible.
This was the first time I had tried Wish-Bone EVOO Lemon and Herb Dressing. I had tried other varieties that were really flavorful but this one is my favorite so far.
I have so many ideas for dishes where it will be the perfect compliment. I love all things lemon and the lemon flavor really shines through and brightens this dish.
I began by preheating the oven and got the brown rice started. I chopped the carrots next. Then I added the Wish-Bone EVOO and the Tyson Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breasts to a skillet.
I steamed the veggies in about the same amount of time. I toasted the almonds and the tortillas when the oven preheated.
I added rice to the bowls and topped it off with a good portion of the lemon chicken, steamed veggies, toasted almonds, fresh cilantro and crispy tortillas.
I served it with the remainder of the Wish-Bone EVOO Lemon and Herb Dressing. I was impressed and I would say my family was also. There was not one bite left. Not one bite! I had the whole family here and it fed the six of us.
You might also like this easy Sesame Chicken when you are craving take out!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 22 oz Tyson Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breasts
- ½ cup Wish-Bone EVOO Lemon and Herb Dressing (plus more for serving)
- 4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 8 oz can sliced water chestnuts
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1-2 TortillaLand Flour Tortillas
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add Tyson Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breasts and ½ cup Wish-Bone EVOO Lemon and Herb Dressing to a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until chicken is heated through and thoroughly coated with dressing.
- Meanwhile, add ½ inch of water to a saucepan or skillet and add vegetables. Cover and cook on medium-high 5 -7 minutes or until carrots are softened and broccoli is heated through. Drain well.
- Cut tortillas into ½ inch x 1inch strips and place on a baking sheet. Spray lightly with non stick cooking spray and top with black sesame seeds. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the almonds to a baking sheet and you can toast them at the same time, just keep a close eye on them.
- Add rice to each serving bowl and top with lemon chicken, vegetables, toasted almonds, crispy tortillas and fresh cilantro. Serve with additional Lemon and Herb Dressing to taste.