Apple Butter Braised Pork Loin is a flavorful and delicious main course perfect for family dinners and special get togethers. This post is in partnership with Musselman’s Apple Butter.
The importance of family dinner time is of the upmost importance. It is so easy for dinner time to get lost in the hustle and bustle of this crazy life. When we take the time to prepare a delicious meal and gather around the table with our family, it’s the best opportunity to catch up with all that life throws at us. This Apple Butter Braised Pork Loin made with Musselman’s Apple Butter is definitely a dinner to gather around the table for!
I have partnered up with Musselman’s Apple Butter to bring you creative recipes that the average home cook can easily prepare with simple pantry ingredients. Musselman’s Apple Butter is a great way to amp up the flavors of many recipes just like my Asian Glazed Salmon, Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Pork Chops, and Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Chicken Sliders! Of course we enjoy it spread on our morning toast, but also so much more than that.
Pork loin roast has become one of my favorite main dishes. You must brown the meat to bring out the wonderful flavor. I love to use bacon fat for this, but if you can also use olive oil or vegetable oil. I also throw in a sliced onion and minced garlic.
I mix Musselman’s Apple Butter with apple juice and pour it over the roast and onions. Then I cover it and place it in the oven. So easy and the results are amazingly delicious!
The flavors of the apple butter, onions and garlic all come together in the oven to make this a great family-friendly dinner that is even fancy enough for special guests. If you prefer, you can also let this cook until it is falling apart tender and shred it up for pulled pork tacos or sandwiches. I’ve prepared it both ways and it disappears in no time at all.
So make some time to gather around the dinner table with your family with this simple and delicious Apple Butter Braised Pork Loin. I’d love to hear how you get your family gathered up around the dinner table!
- 3 pound pork loin roast
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat (or vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups Musselman's Apple Juice
- ½ cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pat pork loin dry with paper towels and season all sides with salt and pepper. Add bacon fat (or vegetable oil) to a braiser or Dutch oven and place over medium heat. Place season pork loin in pan. Scatter onions and garlic around the edges. Cook about 3-5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine apple juice and apple butter together. Pour over browned roast and onions. Cover and place in a 350 degree oven for one hour or until internal temperature has reached at least 145 degrees.
- Remove pork loin to a cutting board and allow to rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- *If you desire shredded pork, continue to cook an additional hour or until meat starts to fall apart.
This is a sponsored post for Musselman’s Apple Butter. I was compensated for my time in creating this recipe to share with you as part of my partnership. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Our family has enjoyed Musselman’s Apple Butter and I love working with brands that my family loves. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.