Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Pork Chops are grilled to perfection and glazed with a delicious homemade barbecue sauce for a family pleasing dinner.
Grilled pork chops are at the top of the favorites list in our family. I found some gorgeous pork chops at the local meat market and knew they were destined for the grill.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Musselman’s Apple Butter.
I have a thing for making barbecue sauce and you can always count on my concoctions to be on the sweet side. I love using Musselman’s Apple Butter as a base for barbecue sauce.
You get the natural sweetness plus an amazing depth of flavor. I added a few of the roasted garlic cloves that I had in the fridge along with a little honey and a pinch of chipotle powder.
Such a simple sauce that was the best with these grilled pork chops. My Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is another favorite for grilling pork chops.
When I was a little kid my dad would say “What’s for dinner, sweetheart?” I always answered, “Pork chops and applesauce!” We said this to each other over and over.
I don’t even know where the quote comes from but this recipe made me think of that and smile. Porks chops and apples are one of the best combos ever and Musselman’s Apple Butter makes it so easy!
As the weather warms up we grill almost every night of the week and during the summer when the temperatures are over 100 degrees, you can bet we are grilling!
We have a charcoal grill and getting the fire just right is my biggest challenge when grilling. I keep watching my husband so I can pick up his tricks for perfectly grilled pork chops and steaks.
There aren’t any perfect grill marks here but I’m telling you the flavor is all there. Coating the pork chops with the barbecue sauce just as they are finished is the key.
Apple butter is one of our favorites for toast or homemade biscuits but it has so many other possibilities. My Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Icing is a go to for any special get together.
What is your favorite way to enjoy apple butter?
I bet I have you craving pork chops, so get your grill ready and make these Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Pork Chops this weekend!
- ¾ cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl, add Musselman's Apple Butter, honey, roasted garlic cloves, salt and chipotle. Whisk together and place in a covered container until ready to use. Refrigerate if you are not grilling immediately.
- Preheat grill.
- Brush pork chops with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill pork chops for about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Brush with Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce, flip and coat other side of pork chops. Continue to cook until internal temperature is 135 degrees.
- Let pork chops rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with additional Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce.
Disclosure: I was compensated for the development of this recipe by Musselman’s. As always all opinions are my own. Musselman’s is a brand my family has loved for years and is a staple in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.