I’m sharing a Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls Recipe today that makes an incredibly delicious breakfast treat that your family is sure to enjoy!
This is a sponsored recipe in partnership with Red Star Yeast.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH PIE CINNAMON ROLLS VIDEO:
Nothing makes my family happier than fresh made cinnamon rolls. I took these sweet rolls to the next level with a peach filling. I expected they would be a big hit with my family and they certainly were. They went beyond my expectations and I’m putting these in my number one spot just above my Cream Cheese Filled Brioche Sweet Rolls.
I made a simple yeast dough with my favorite and reliable Red Star Platinum Yeast. I used warm milk, butter, sugar and the yeast to start the dough. I then added all purpose flour and a touch of salt. I kept adding flour until the dough came together. I then kneaded it on a floured board until it was smooth. Be sure to visit Red Star Yeast for additional tips and troubleshooting for working with yeast. If you are pretty new to baking with yea you will love the Yeast & Baking Lessons!
I covered it and let it rise for about an hour. I punched the dough down and pushed out the air bubbles.
I rolled out the dough to a rectangle, added the filling and then carefully rolled it up. The peach filling was so easy because I just used peach preserves with a pinch of cinnamon. The filling wanted to squish out so I was pretty gentle with it and didn’t roll it too tight.
I sliced it into rolls and placed them into a couple of buttered pie plates. I covered them with a flour sack towel and let them rise for about 30 minutes before baking.
At this point I was getting pretty excited for these rolls, I had high hopes for them.
I made a quick cinnamon glaze and these rolls tasted every bit as good as they look! They were the perfect treat for a Sunday with all of my family around.
This batch made 12 rolls, perfect to split into two pie plates to bake and share with your friends and neighbors. As soon as these were gone, we were already craving another batch. I will be making these again soon.
Making yeast breads and sweet rolls has become one of my very favorite things to bake. I enjoy kneading the dough, watching it rise and then the way the house fills with the scent of fresh baked bread. The more I work with yeast, the better feel I get for the texture of the dough. It’s really fun experimenting with different fillings and shapes. I hope, even if you are a little unsure of baking with yeast, that you will give it a try. Make sure your yeast is fresh (not expired) and get to baking!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- 1⅓ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Yeast
- 1 egg
- 4 c flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup peach preserves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Heat milk to about 90 degrees. Stir in butter, but it doesn't have to completely melt. Pour into a large bowl and add sugar and yeast. Stir to combine and set aside for about 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble. Add egg and mix well. Add 2 cups of flour and stir to combine. Add salt and flour ½ cup at a time until dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Pour onto a well floured surface and knead, adding more flour as needed 3 to 5 minutes or until dough is no longer sticky.
- Cover dough and allow to rise 45 minutes to 1 hour until sought has doubled.
- Punch down the dough, pressing out the air bubbles.
- Roll into a rectangle, about 12" x 15".
- Coat 2 pie plates with non stick spray or butter.
- Mix peach preserves and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Spread evenly over dough. Carefully roll from the long side and pinch the edge seam to seal.
- Cut into 1 inch rolls. Place in butter pie plates. Cover loosely and allow to rise about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 22- 25 minutes or until golden brown and rolls are cooked through in the center.
- Mix milk, powdered sugar and cinnamon together until smooth. Spoon over cooked rolls. Allow to cool slightly to serve warm or serve at room temperature.
You might also like this Peach Slab Pie!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small amount at no cost to you.