As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cream Cheese Filled Brioche Sweet Rolls with Maple & Brown Butter Glaze are perfect for holiday baking and sharing!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Red Star Yeast. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Holiday baking is one of my very favorite things. When Red Star Yeast asked if I would like to bake up some holiday goodies, of course I jumped at the chance! Plus they are working this holiday season to support Stop Hunger Now!
A few facts about Stop Hunger Now
- Stop Hunger Now meals contain 23 essential vitamins and minerals, each feeds 6 people.
- In 2013, roughly 125,000 volunteers worldwide packaged more than 42 million meals for recipients in 30 countries.
- In 2013, Stop Hunger Now sent more than $9 million worth of donated goods (including antibiotics, birthing kits, water filters, school desks, projectors, fabric and solar lights)
- Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five – 3.1 million children each year.
- One in every eight people on earth goes to bed hungry each night.
- Nearly one billion people worldwide suffer from chronic hunger.
- Every day, more than 25,000 people die abroad of hunger and hunger-related causes.
- Every 10 seconds a child dies because they are severely underweight or lack essential nutrients.
- 842 million people in the world do not have enough to eat.
I love that Stop Hunger Now focuses on engaging volunteers in a hands-on activity to produce meals that are used strategically to support development programs, while at the same time fostering the growth of a movement to end hunger by educating those volunteers about the need and giving them an opportunity to take action.
So in support of this effort this holiday season I will be baking double batches to share. Isn’t that what it’s all about?
A while back, I tried my hand at making savory brioche rolls and they turned out so fabulous that I had to try a sweet roll version. The beauty of this recipe is that it will make enough to enjoy and share!
Who wouldn’t love to have a pan of fresh baked sweet rolls from their neighbor? My Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls and these Coconut Cream Pie Sweet Rolls are also favorites for baking and sharing! Don’t miss out on these Blackberry Pie Sweet Rolls or Walnut Cinnamon Twists for a weekend brunch!
These rolls are pillowy soft and the cream cheese filling makes them just the slightest bit decadent and the brown butter and maple glaze just pushes them over the top to amazing!
For more holiday baking inspiration, be sure to check out these other fabulous recipes from some of the best bloggers!
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Knots from A Kitchen Addiction
- Pumpkin Challah from Bakeaholic Mama
- Apple Crisp Sweet Roll Coffee Cake from Barbara Bakes
- Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls from Completely Delicious
- Chocolate Glazed Pumpkin Donuts from Foodness Gracious
- Apple Cinnamon Streusel Pull Apart Bread from Girl Versus Dough
- Sourdough Sandwich Bread from My Kitchen Addiction
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Icing from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Fluffy No Knead Refrigerator Rolls from Stephie Cooks
- Snickerdoodle Bagels with Cinnamon Crunch Topping from The Law Student’s Wife
- Apple Honey Pecan Sticky Buns from Tutti Dolci
For Brioche Rolls
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package RED STAR PLATINUM YEAST
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 5 eggs
- 6 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Maple Brown Butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
Add warm water, yeast and sugar the bowl of an electric mixer and set aside for about 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble. Add 3/4 cup softened butter and eggs and beat until combined. Add 1 cup of flour and mix until combined, at salt and continue adding flour until dough starts to pull away from sides of the bowl. Knead of 5 to 7 minutes until dough is smooth. Place on a floured surface and cover and set aside to rise 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Prepare the filling: add cream cheese, egg, sugar, flour and vanilla to a mixer and mix until smooth.
Punch down dough and divide in half.
Roll each piece of dough into about a 8" x 11" rectangle.
Spread half of filing onto each dough rectangle. Roll up from the long side and pinch seam together.
Cut into 1 1/2 inch rolls and place into a greased pie plate or baking pan.
Cover and allow to rise 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Add butter to a small pan and place over medium heat, stirring occasionally until brown bits form. Add maple syrup and brush over baked rolls.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Be sure to grab your coupon and get to baking!!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Red Star Yeast. Red Star Yeast is a brand I have been baking with for years and all opinions are my own. Red Star Yeast is also sponsoring the giveaway. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible!