White Trash or Junk Mix is one of our favorite sweet and salty snacks for the holidays. It's great for parties and family get togethers and made with just a few ingredients.
I made this version with Crispix Cereal, pretzels, M&M's and white chocolate, I skipped the peanuts so the little kids could munch on it too. I love that this comes together in about 10 minutes. A great addition to my Christmas goodie baskets along with caramel popcorn, candied walnuts, caramel Ritz cookies and peanut brittle.
Ingredients for White Trash Snack Mix:
- Crispix Cereal
- Small Pretzels
- M&M's Candies
- White Baking Morsels or vanilla melting chips
How to Make White Trash Snack Mix:
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cereal, pretzels and all but ½ cup of the M&M's.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between or in a double boiler.
- Stir until melted and sooth.
- Pour white chocolate over cereal mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to toss the mixture until evenly coated.
- Set aside until white chocolate sets up, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Break apart and add remaining M&M's.
- Store in an airtight container for about 7 -10 days at room temperature.
Other Add- Ins:
- Chex Cereal - any variety
- Salted Peanuts
- Colorful Sprinkles
- Use different color M&M's for each holidays and celebrations.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Fill cellophane bags or cute jars with lids filled with this white chocolate snack mix and give it to your neighbors and friends this holiday season. Everyone always loves it and it's so quick and easy to make.
I've always called this junk mix but it seems like most people call it white trash or Christmas crack. Whatever you call it, it's completely addictive and makes the best snack. I seriously have to get it divided up and passed around to friends and neighbors because I cannot stay out of it.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 8 cups Crispix cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 pound M&M's Candies
- 2 (10 ounce) bags white chocolate melting wafers or vanilla morsels
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Spread cereal, pretzels and all but ½ cup of the M&M's over baking sheet.
- Melt vanilla melting wafers in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth. Alternately, place in a double boiler and cook over low heat, stirring until melted.
- Drizzle melted vanilla chips over cereal mixture, stirring with a wood spoon until well coated.
- Set aside until white chocolate sets up, about 15 - 20 minutes or refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Break mixture apart and stir in remaining M&M's.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Snack mix will last about 7 - 10 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Optional Add Ins:
- Peanut M&M's
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.