White Trash or Junk Mix is one of our favorite sweet and salty snacks for the holidays. It’s great for parties and family get togethers and made with just a few ingredients.
I made this version with Crispix Cereal, pretzels, M&M’s and white chocolate, I skipped the peanuts so the little kids could munch on it too. I love that this comes together in about 10 minutes. A great addition to my Christmas goodie baskets along with caramel popcorn, candied walnuts, caramel Ritz cookies and peanut brittle.
Why You’ll Love this White Trash Mix
- Easy Recipe: White Trash Snack Mix is a quick and easy no bake treat that everyone loves.
- Versatile Recipe: It is a fun recipe that can be made with your favorite cereals, candy coating, candy mix or nuts and it’s a great holiday gift.
- Festive Recipe: Christmas trash is for those who love a sweet and salty snack mix.
Ingredients for White Trash Recipe
- Crispix Cereal or Chex cereals
- Pretzel Sticks or small pretzels
- M&M’s Candies or Peanut M&M Candies
- White Chocolate Chips or vanilla melting chips
How to Make Christmas White Trash
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cereal, pretzels and all but 1/2 cup of the M&M’s.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between or in a double boiler.
- Stir until melted and sooth.
- Pour melted white chocolate over cereal mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to toss the mixture until evenly coated.
- Set aside until white chocolate sets up, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Break apart and add remaining M&M’s.
- Store in an airtight container for about 7 -10 days at room temperature.
Other Add- Ins for White Trash Chex Mix
- Chex Cereal – Corn Chex, Rice Chex or Wheat Chex
- Cheerios or Golden Grahams
- Salted Peanuts
- Colorful Sprinkles
- Use different color M&M’s for each holidays and celebrations.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Fill cellophane bags or cute jars with lids filled with this white chocolate snack mix and give it to your neighbors and friends this holiday season. Everyone always loves it and it’s so quick and easy to make.
More Easy Christmas Treats to Try
- Reindeer Chow is our Christmas snack mix version of muddy buddies (puppy chow) with cereal, peanut butter, melted chocolate, powdered sugar and m&m candies.
- Peanut Butter Oreo Cookie Balls are a favorite no bake treat with Oreos, peanut butter and white almond bark.
- Candied Pecans make a great snack for any time of year.
I’ve always called this junk mix but it is known by different names like white trash candy or Christmas crack. Whatever you call it, it’s completely addictive and makes the best snack. I seriously have to get it divided up and passed around to friends and neighbors because I cannot stay out of it.
If you are looking for a simple snack to add to your holiday treat list, add this Christmas White Trash recipe to your must-try list.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 8 cups Crispix cereal
- 3 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 pound M&M's Candies
- 2 (10 ounce) bags white chocolate melting wafers or vanilla morsels
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper.
- Spread cereal, pretzels and all but 1/2 cup of the M&M's over baking sheet.
- Melt vanilla melting wafers in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth. Alternately, place in a double boiler and cook over low heat, stirring until melted.
- Drizzle melted vanilla chips over cereal mixture, stirring with a wood spoon until well coated.
- Set aside until white chocolate sets up, about 15 - 20 minutes or refrigerate about 10 minutes.
- Break mixture apart and stir in remaining M&M's.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Snack mix will last about 7 - 10 days at room temperature in an airtight container.
Optional Add Ins:
- Peanut M&M's
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.