Vanilla Pound Cake is a simple dessert for busy weeknights and delicious enough for company!
I’m so excited to share this easy dessert with you today and to tell you about a new must-have cookbook! Fast and Easy Five Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People by my friend Phi!
I met Phi at the Chopped Conference that I spoke at a few years ago. It’s always so motivational and fun to meet other food bloggers and see their drive, determination and be inspired by their immense talent.
I was pretty tickled to get Phi’s gem of a cookbook in the mail. I thumbed through it immediately and started bookmarking recipes to try. I had the hardest time choosing which one to share with you.
The thing I loved most about this cookbook is that I actually had the ingredients on hand for so many of the recipes. Since there’s not a grocery store around the corner from the ranch, a lot of times I won’t try a new recipe because I don’t have the ingredients. Not the case here, every recipe has only 5 ingredients!
You are going to love it. It officially comes out July 19th but you can go ahead and order it today and get a couple of extras! This is the perfect gift for college kids, newlyweds, sister-in-laws, moms or any busy person with a kitchen!
It is full of dinner recipes, snacks, delicious sides, and desserts. On my list to try immediately are the Pepperoni Pizza Pockets (made with pie crust!), “Unfried” Cornflake Chicken and the Jam Crumb Bars and so many more. I could basically list out every recipe because they all sound so dang good!
Now let’s talk about this Vanilla Pound Cake. I had it mixed together by the time the oven was pre-heated. No special ingredients- just butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and flour! The house smelled like heaven as it baked.
Emmet was doing laps around the kitchen bar begging for the cake to come out of the oven. I sliced it warm and the buttery, vanilla goodness was incredible.
It disappeared way too fast and I’m ready to bake it again. I always have something sweet around and this is definitely going into the favorites rotation.
Totally perfect for busy weeknights or serve it with whipped cream and berries when you are having dinner guests.
Seriously, y’all you are going to love how simple and delicious these recipes are!
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon Madagascar vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1¾ cups all- purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- *berries and cool whip for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 8½ x 4½ x 2¾ inch loaf pan with butter or non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with a hand (or stand) mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and then add the vanilla and eggs and beat until combined.
- Slowly add the flour and salt and beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes , or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan, then remove from the pan, slice and serve.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Cute Bamboo Fork from Totally Bamboo! Check them out, they have some awesome kitchen accessories and were nice enough to send along some samples.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a small amount if you make a purchase through these links at no extra cost to you. I only recommend the products that I use in my own kitchen.