M&M Cookies are a classic treat to fill the cookie jar and always a hit for the holidays. Classic chocolate chip cookies loaded with M&M Candies for a fun and festive dessert that everyone finds irresistible.
M&Ms have always been one of my favorites and they are so good baked into these chocolate chip cookies. A quick and easy cookie recipe to add to your baking list.
Ingredients for M&M Cookies:
- Softened Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Chocolate Chips
- M&M Candies
How to Make M&M Cookies:
- Add softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla to a mixer bowl.
- Beat about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer off and add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix just until combined.
- Add chocolate chips & M&Ms.
- Mix at low speed just until combined.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Use a medium cookie scoop and place cookie dough about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheet.
- Press additional M&Ms to the top of the cookies.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes until browned around the edges.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Store:
Store in an airtight container up to 10 days at room temperature.
Can You Freeze M&M Cookies?
Cookie dough can be frozen. Scoop onto lined baking sheets and freeze for 1 hour. Place cookie dough into freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months.
Bake according to directions, adding 2 - 3 minutes to the baking time.
We bake batches and batches of cookies every Christmas to share with our family and neighbors and often times I will send cookie packages to our family that lives out of state. These M&M Cookies are a sturdy cookie that is perfect for shipping. It makes a big batch perfect for sharing.
Of course these are a great cookie all year long with any color of M&Ms and fit with any holiday or celebration.
These cookies have crisp edges and chewy middles. If you like them extra chewy, remove them from the oven about 2 - 3 minutes early and cool on the baking sheet for about 1 - 2 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
My Favorite Cookie Recipes:
Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies are so irresistible. Made with crunchy macadamia nuts and milk chocolate chips for a quick and delicious treat.
Best Ever Sugar Cookies are straight from my grandma's recipe box and are my favorite to bake and share. Once you give them a try, they are going to become your go-to cookie.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are crunchy and so irresistible with plenty of toasted walnuts that go so well with the chocolate.
It is the perfect time to bake a batch or two of M&M Cookies to share with your friends and family this weekend. They are sure to bring a smile to everyone's face that tries them.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS M&M COOKIES RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups M&M Candies, divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a mixer bowl, add butter, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed about 2 minutes.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix until just combined, scraping down sides if needed.
- Add chocolate chips and one cup of M&Ms, mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop and space about 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Press additional M&Ms into the tops of the cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 10- 12 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store cookies in an airtight container up to 10 days.
Freeze cookie dough balls on a lined baking sheet for 1 hour. Place in freezer bags and freeze up to 3 months.
Bake according to directions adding a few minutes to the baking time.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.