Change up the dinner rotation with this Miso Honey Garlic Shrimp recipe! So full of flavor and it comes together in less than 15 minutes!
This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
I often get stuck in a dinner rut, you wouldn’t think that would happen, but it totally does. Typically hamburgers, tacos or chicken and rice casserole are my go-to dinners. Every so often I get to craving something different, something new.
This was my first time trying red miso paste, which is fermented soy bean paste. I admit, I didn’t really know what to expect. It is the same flavor profile of soy sauce, which we love and it really amps of the flavor in this easy shrimp recipe.
Along with the HemisFares Red Miso Paste, I also had HemisFares Soy Sauce and HemisFares Miwa Somen (thin wheat noodles).
I made a quick marinade with the HemisFares Red Miso Paste, melted butter, honey and minced garlic.
I let the shrimp marinate for about 10 minutes but if you are in a big hurry, you can totally skip this step.
I added the shrimp to a skillet and let it cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. I added a splash of sherry, use Mirin (Japanese wine) if you have it, and continued cooking for 2-3 minutes. Shrimp will curl up and turn pink when they are cooked through. It doesn’t take long!
I had some water boiling and when the shrimp was cooked, I dropped the Miwa Somen Noodles into the boiling water. They are super thin and cook in about 2 minutes.
I added the noodles to the serving tray and topped with the shrimp and garnished with black sesame seeds and green onions. It turned out to be a gorgeous dinner and better yet, the whole family loved it!
Serve it up with additional sauce from the shrimp and HemisFares Soy Sauce and you can have a delicious dinner in less time than you can get takeout!
If you are looking for something new to try for dinner, this Miso Honey Garlic Shrimp needs to be on the top of your list!
Look for HemisFares at your local Kroger store, on the Asian foods isle.
- HemisFares Red Miso Paste Find #57
- HemisFares Soy Sauce Find #58
- HemisFares Miwa Somen Thin Wheat Noodles Find #59
You could also serve this Miso Honey Garlic Shrimp as a party appetizer. It is just loaded with flavor and will be the hit of the party!
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons HemisFares Red Miso Paste
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 oz Sherry or Mirin
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 4 green onions, green parts sliced
- 1 8.8 oz package HemisFares Miwa Somen (Thin Wheat Noodles)
- HemisFares Soy Sauce for garnish
- Add melted butter, honey, HemisFares Red Miso Paste and garlic to a bowl and mix until well combined. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and all of marinade. Cook, stirring continuously until shrimp just starts to turn pink. Add Sherry or Mirin and continue to cook, stirring constantly until cooked through about 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from heat and garnish with black sesame seeds and green onions.
- Add Miwa Somen to boiling water and cook two minutes. Remove with tongs onto a serving dish.
- Serve shrimp over Miwa Somen with additional HemisFares Soy Sauce.