Marinated Mozzarella Balls is a quick and easy appetizer with layers of delicious Italian flavors. It’s the perfect bite sized appetizer for the holidays and to add to any charcuterie board.
Olive oil marinated mozzarella balls with garlic, fresh herbs and spices is a great make ahead appetizer. It comes together in about 10 minutes with just a few ingredients.
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Rosemary
- Fresh Parsley
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Mozzarella Balls
Step By Step Directions
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, minced rosemary, chopped parsley, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the mozzarella balls, separating them if they are stuck together.
- Stir to combine, add additional olive oil if needed to cover the mozzarella.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or up to 5 days.
- Remove from refrigerator about an hour before serving to come to room temperature.
Serve with crusty bread, crackers, smoked meats, or vegetable trays.
Make a Charcuterie Board
We made these Marinated Mozzarella Balls as part a cheese board for a baby shower. The ingredients are totally flexible, use your favorites. We were serving this with smoked brisket, so we didn’t include any meats on this board. Smoked sausages, sopresetta, and salami are great additions.
- Fruit: Red Grapes, Gala Apples
- Nuts: Cashews, Candied Walnuts, Pecans
- Cheese: Marinated Mozzarella Balls, Smoked Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, Buffalo Wing Cheddar Cheese
- Pickles: Baby Dills and Mini Bread and Butter Pickles
- Olives: Kalamata Olives, Italian Marinated Olives or Black Olives
- Garnishes: Fresh Rosemary Sprigs
More Charcuterie Board Inspiration
Meat Lovers Charcuterie Board is filled with amazing smoked meats and cheese made on your backyard grill.
Fall Cheese Board from Reluctant Entertainer is a delicious spread with meats, cheeses and pumpkin hummus.
Charcuterie and Cheese Board from the BakerMama is an epic spread perfect for holiday entertaining.
Add these Marinated Mozzarella Balls to your holiday entertaining menus for a quick and easy snack that everyone will love. The best make ahead bite size appetizer for any occasion.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
- 8 ounces mozzarella pearls
- In a bowl, add olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, parsley salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Whisk together.
- Break mozzarella balls apart and place into the olive oil. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes to come to room temperature.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.