As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pimento Cheese Spread is a classic southern appetizer for any holiday or family get together. Today I’m sharing the recipe that has been in my husband’s family for generations.
Pimento Cheese Spread
It’s just not a holiday or celebration in our family without Pimento Cheese Spread. I can’t even name one person who doesn’t love it. We all flock to it as soon as it hits the appetizer bar. I’m talking people standing in line, bumping into each other to get to that bowl of pimento cheese spread. It’s that good.
This Pimento Cheese Spread is smooth and creamy differing from some pimento cheese that has mayo and shredded cheese. It’s not that I don’t like that kind of traditional pimento cheese, I really do but this is a whole other deliciousness that you simply have to try!
It is delicious with veggies, crackers, chips or even spread on your favorite rolls. It’s perfect for appetizers like my Bacon Pimento Cheese Puffs and it even makes an appearance in tortilla ham and pimento cheese roll ups in my favorite Easy Lunch Box Ideas.
I love that you can make it ahead and it’s perfect to have on hand for last minute entertaining during the holidays.
Pimento Cheese Spread is also one of my favorites to make and share during the holidays. There are so many sweets during the holidays and everyone welcomes this savory treat. Package it up in cute containers and include the recipe so it can be enjoyed again and again.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 pound American Cheese, grated (use a quality brand or from the deli)
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 4 oz jar pimentos (diced or minced)
- In a large sauce pan, combine flour and sugar, stir in vinegar and slowly stir in evaporated milk. Stir in cheese.
- Place sauce pan over low heat (if you cook over too high of heat it will curdle and will not be the smooth texture you desire).
- Stir constantly until cheese has melted. Cook three to five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pimentos with juice.
- Place in a glass dish and cover with plastic wrap to prevent a film.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Can be prepared a couple of days in advance.
- (I have kept pimento cheese in the refrigerator for up to a week. )