Maple Glazed Chicken Wings are a quick and easy party appetizer for any get together. Grill up a batch of delicious smoked wings coated with this sticky- sweet maple glaze for one of the most epic appetizers that you've ever tasted!
Maple Glazed Chicken Wings ~ Grilled Appetizer
Crispy fried Buffalo Wings are always a hit but we actually love grilled wings even more. Using pecan wood creates a smoky flavor that pairs so well with the sweet and peppery maple glaze. The wings are likely to steal the whole show at your next cookout.
- Chicken Wings - fresh or frozen will work.
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Granulated Garlic
- Coarse Black Pepper
- Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Rosemary
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Grill Maple Glazed Chicken Wings:
Make the Maple Glaze:
- Add maple syrup and spices to a saucepan and bring to a boil for about five minutes, whisking often.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
For the Wings:
- Thaw chicken wings if frozen, drain and pat dry with paper towels. Place on a baking sheet.
- Prepare a grill fire to about 300° with pecan or hickory for the best smoke flavoring.
- Grill chicken wings over indirect heat with the lid closed about 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of maple glaze into a large bowl. Refrigerate remaining glaze for another use.
- Remove wings from the grill and toss with the maple glaze.
- Return to the grill and cook another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165° with a digital thermometer.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately.
Place chicken wings on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for about 20-25 minutes.Toss with maple glaze and continue baking for an additional five minutes. Make sure internal temperature reaches 165°.
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftover grilled chicken wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Grilled wings can be frozen in a freezer bag or Vacuum Sealer bag for up to 3 months.
- Reheat in 350° oven on a lined baking sheet for about 10 -12 minutes.
- To reheat from frozen, brush with additional sauce and heat covered with foil for about 30 minutes.
More Delicious Chicken Wings to Make:
Mustard BBQ Wings are one of my all time favorites! So delicious slathered in our homemade mustard bbq sauce that is sweet and savory.
Barbecue Chicken Wings are easy to grill or bake and basted with homemade barbecue sauce for a flavorful and delicious starter to any party.
Hickory Smoked Chicken Wings are deliciously smoked wings with a homemade Italian glaze that will knock your socks off!
Asian Chicken Wings are a baked version of the crispy appetizer coated in a simple homemade Asian glaze that is totally irresistible.
Grill up a batch or two of Grilled Maple Glazed Chicken Wings for your next party or game day gathering. They have so much flavor from the hardwood smoke and sweet glaze that will have everyone coming back for more.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS MAPLE GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 12 oz pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- Make the maple glaze by combining maple syrup with garlic, pepper, smoked paprika, salt and rosemary in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare a 350° grill fire using pecan or hickory for wood smoke.
- Thaw and drain chicken wings if frozen and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cook wings over indirect fire on the grill with the lid closed for about 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of maple glaze into a large bowl.
- Remove chicken wings from grill into sauce and mix wings with the sauce to coat well.
- Return wings to the grill and continue to cook with the lid closed for about 10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from grill and serve hot or at room temperature.
Place chicken wings on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 400° for about 20-25 minutes.
Toss wings with maple glaze and continue baking for an additional five minutes. Make sure internal temperature is at 165°.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover chicken wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Cooked chicken wings can be frozen in a freezer bag or vacuum seal bag for up to 3 months.
Reheat in 350° oven on a lined baking sheet for about 10 -12 minutes.
To reheat from frozen, brush with additional glaze and heat covered with foil for about 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 785mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 16g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.