Italian Pasta Salad is a delicious cold pasta salad to serve with any meal and it's a great addition to cookouts, barbecues and potluck dinners. Made with a homemade Italian dressing, pasta and tasty vegetables.
Macaroni Salad is one of our favorite make ahead side dishes for every get together but sometimes we want something that is not mayonnaise based and this easy Italian Pasta Salad with herb dressing is just the ticket.
Italian Pasta Salad ~ Easy Make Ahead Side Dish
Pasta salad makes a great side dish for a busy weeknights and this one is bursting with delicious Italian flavors and fresh vegetables. Great with everything from chicken strips to turkey club sandwiches.
- Pasta ~ Gemelli, Pasta Shells, Rotini Pasta or Macaroni
- Roma Tomatoes ~or cherry tomatoes, diced
- Bell Peppers Red & Green ~ diced
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dried Oregano
- Onion Flakes
- Dried Basil
- Dried Thyme
- Granulated Garlic
- Ground Rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Dry Mustard
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Italian Pasta Salad:
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and place in a large bowl. If you plan to eat the pasta salad right away, rinse pasta under cold water to cool it down before mixing with the dressing and vegetables. If you are making ahead, you can skip this step.
- In another bowl combine the dressing ingredients: olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, chives, oregano, onion flakes, basil, thyme, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and dry mustard. Whisk together. You can also use your favorite store bought Italian salad dressing if you prefer.
- Pour dressing over pasta.
- Mix until pasta is completely coated in homemade dressing.
- Add diced tomatoes and bell peppers along with parmesan cheese.
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour or until ready to serve. Pasta salad can be served immediately but it's better after chilling and the flavors blend together with the tender pasta. It's even more flavorful the next day.
How to Store:
Pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Stir before serving. If pasta seems a little dry, drizzle with olive oil and mix well.
More Add-Ins for Italian Pasta Salad:
- Black Olives
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onion
- Green Onions
- Mini Pepperoni
- Salami Slices
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Artichoke Hearts
- Garbanzo Beans
We work from home and love stocking the refrigerator with good pasta salad for busy weeknights. It's also great for a mid-day or after school snack. This cold pasta salad recipe just hits the spot when you are starving and have no time to cook. It's easy to add in different veggies or other yummy ingredients to make a delicious Italian pasta salad recipe that the whole family will love.
Our Favorite Pasta Salad Recipes You Will Love:
Easy Pasta Salad has a quick creamy herb dressing and is filled with delicious summer fresh veggies. A great way to sneak vegetables onto everyone's plate!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is so easy and filled with everyone's favorite flavors along with pasta shells and cheddar cheese.
Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad combines two of our favorite sides into one hearty pasta salad that has so much flavor and texture. It's sure to be the hit of any cookout.
This easy Pasta Salad recipe is great to have on hand for a quick lunch or as a make ahead side dish for burgers or grilled pork chops. Add this easy side dish to your menu this week, it's a real crowd pleaser.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Italian Pasta Salad
Italian Pasta Salad is a delicious cold salad to serve with just about every meal and it's a great addition to cookouts, barbecues and potluck dinners. Made with a homemade Italian dressing, pasta and tasty vegetables.
- 16 ounces pasta: gemelli, rotini, shells or macaroni
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes
- ½ cup diced bell peppers ( red and green)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried chive rings
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ¾ cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain well. Rinse under cold water until chilled. Drain well.
- In another bowl combine olive oil with honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix in chives, oregano, onion flakes, basil, thyme, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Pour dressing over pasta and mix well.
- Add diced tomatoes, peppers and parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate one hour or until ready to serve.
Pasta salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days. Drizzle with olive oil if it gets a little dry before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 441mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 4gSugar: 14gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply