Frosted Cookie Bars are an easy dessert to make any day of the week or for a special occasion. A quick sugar cookie bar with buttercream icing and lots of sprinkles make a fun and simple treat!
Frosted Cookie Bars
Cookie bars are one of my favorites for an easy dessert. I bake cookies just about every week and when I'm short on time, cookie bars are the answer. Just press the dough into the pan and you are good to go. If you are going for something special, add frosting and sprinkles!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
These frosted cookie bars are super simple to make. The sugar cookie base comes together in one bowl and you don't even need the mixer. The buttercream is just four ingredients and you can add your favorite sprinkles. You'll have to check out the amazing assortment of sprinkles from Sweets & Treats!
- Add softened butter, Dixie Crystals Sugar, egg and Adam's Vanilla Extract to a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing well.
- Press into a greased 8 X 8 baking pan and bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add softened butter, Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar and Adam's Vanilla Extract into a mixer bowl and beat 30 seconds.
- Slowly add in heavy cream, mixing until creamy and well combined.
- Spread frosting over cooled cookie bars and top with Sweets & Treats Sprinkles.
Wilton sent us the cutest Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan. It's an inexpensive pan that you can take to potlucks or cookouts and not have to worry about remembering to get your pan before leaving.
They are also sturdy enough to be washed and used over and over. Such a clever idea!
Frosted Cookie Bars are always a favorite dessert and great for potlucks, barbecues or any celebration. An easy make ahead dessert. These bars would also be great to bake and share.
More Cookie Bars to Try:
Salted Caramel Cookie Bars are filled with chocolate chips, caramel bits and pecans. Snickerdoodle Bars are quick and easy and loaded with the classic cinnamon and sugar flavors. Don't miss out on these Cherry Almond Bars!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear's Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie's Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9" Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th - July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For Cookie Bars:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Vanilla Extract
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- non stick cooking spray
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Adam's Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add butter, sugar, egg and vanilla to a bowl and mix until smooth and all combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Spray and 8 x 8 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Press dough into pan evenly.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare the frosting by adding softened butter, powdered sugar and vanilla to a mixing bowl.
- Beat for 30 seconds on medium speed.
- Slowly drizzle in heavy cream and continue to mix until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over cooled cookie bars and top with sprinkles.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 337Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 322mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.