Everybody loves a classic snickerdoodle and these bars are no exception. Classic snickerdoodle flavor in a quick and easy bar.
I love bars as opposed to cookies sometimes, because they are so easy, no scooping and baking pan after pan of cookies.
If I bake cookies, I have to stay in the kitchen or I burn them. I am very easily distracted. I was thinking the other day, if I had a buzzer that went off every time I got distracted or forgot what I was doing, maybe I could get more accomplished.
Of course then I would be rich too, right, if I was an inventor? Well I reckon I will stick to cooking. Bars are easy to pack in lunches and for picnics.
Did you know I used to pack lunches for cowboys and farm hands everyday? I always tried to be creative and have lots of variety. This was one of my favorites and still is.
More Cookie Bars to Try:
Salted Caramel Cookie Bars have tons of flavor and are a real family favorite! Cherry Almond Bars are great for potlucks and cookouts. Peanut Butter, Caramel & Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are over the top amazing!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- * ½ cup butter
- * 1 cup sugar
- * 1 egg
- * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- * 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- * ½ teaspoon baking soda
- * 2 tablespoons sugar
- * 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl beat butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and continue to beat until combined. Add flour and baking soda and combine.
- Pour into a greased 8 x 11 ½-inch baking dish, spreading into an even layer.
- Combine 2 tablespoons sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before cutting into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.