As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Zesty Sausage and Spinach Ranch Rolls are a delicious game day snack! Packed with zesty sausage, spinach, cheese and ranch dressing all rolled up in pizza dough and baked to perfection!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Bob Evans Farms.
Zesty Sausage and Spinach Ranch Rolls
When game time rolls around I really like to focus on the food. I love any excuse to gather with my family and enjoy some hearty snacks, like these Zesty Sausage and Spinach Ranch Rolls! They are the tasty bites that will disappear in the blink of an eye.
We are getting so close to having the Log Cabin finished, just a few more days, literally! Then maybe I can finish updating you all with photos and the process.
We have the carpet in and just have to finish up the wiring, plumbing and counter tops. Of course there are a few little things that we will do after we move in but that’s how it goes when you build for yourself.
We should be in before the Big Game coming up. It will be a great excuse to have the first get together in the new house!
How to Make Zesty Sausage and Spinach Ranch Rolls
These game day appetizers have just a few simple ingredients along with the Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage all rolled up inside a pre made pizza crust. Really simple and sure to impress the whole crowd!
I quickly browned the Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage, the onions and mushrooms and then wilted the spinach. I’m loving the Bob Evans Sausage, it cooks up without a ton of extra grease and even the Zesty Hot Sausage wasn’t too spicy for me, just tons of flavor!
I poured the filling over pizza dough, drizzled it with ranch dressing, and topped it off with a little cheese.
I rolled it all up, cinnamon roll style and cut the roll into slices.
I carefully placed the rolls into muffin tins and baked them up.
Just look at that melty cheese and crispy sausage!
I plated them up and were gone in a flash! I’ve made these 3 times in the last month and also made it into a pizza! So good, so easy and you just can’t beat that!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 lb Bob Evans Zesty Hot Sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 oz white mushrooms, diced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 2 13.8 oz refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add sausage to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat, crumbling as it cooks to brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Remove sausage to a paper towel- lined plate to drain and set aside. Add butter to skillet with sausage drippings and and place over medium heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring often until onions start to brown. Add chopped spinach and cook, stirring continually until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in sausage and set aside to cool.
- for rolls:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll pizza dough into a rectangle, rolling edges to an even thickness. Add half of sausage filling to each pizza dough, drizzle each with half of ranch dressing and top each with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Starting from the long side, roll up the dough over the filling, pinching the seam to seal. Slice into 1 ½- 2 inch rolls. Carefully place into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and rolls are cooked through.