Host a White Elephant Charity Exchange Party for a fun way to give back this holiday season while enjoying time with those you love. I’m sharing my easy party plan with easy food and drinks, decorations and great ideas for the charity exchange!
Thanks to Lay’s for sponsoring this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When the holidays roll around, it’s the perfect time to invite your family, friends and a few neighbors over for a fun little get together. White Elephant Exchanges can be really fun and I thought why not make it charitable this year.
Instead of each guest bringing a gift to exchange, I thought everyone could bring something to donate to a needy family in the community.
Holiday parties can be simple and easy to put together. Gather some tasty snacks, great drinks and make a few calls to invite everyone.
Keeping it simple will allow you to relax and enjoy the time with your family and friends and that is what is most important.
Lay’s Wavy Potato Chips Dipped in Dark Chocolate were the perfect sweet and salty snack, they were a huge hit with everyone.
I made an easy Chocolate Bark with Nut Harvest Chocolate Covered Toffee Almonds and Nut Harvest Milk Chocolate Covered Peanuts plus some Smartfood Popcorn- Raspberry & Dark Chocolate.
Everyone had a great time visiting and catching up while nibbling on the goodies with a drink in their hand. I’ve learned that if you are relaxed and having fun, most likely your guests are too. Just remember this is for fun and I have more great tips for hosting a No Fuss Holiday Cocktail Party!
Since this was a casual party, I set up my dining room table for the White Elephant Exchange Gifts. I added a simple table runner and added a fun centerpiece.
Great gift ideas for a White Elephant Charity Exchange:
- A nice pan filled with a few nonperishable items for a nice dinner. You can also throw in a few kitchen towels and utensils.
- A nice basket filled with coffee, hot cocoa and a few coffee mugs also makes a thoughtful gift.
- A set of games or toys for kids of all ages.
- Hats and gloves or a stack of games is always a great idea for families.
- Even a bag filled with canned goods, such as hearty soups, broths, and vegetables or a box or two of pasta. An extra bag of groceries can go a long ways during the holidays.
- Gift cards also make a great gift that can be used for anything.
This was such a fun party to put together. I love a laid back party and everyone coming together and also giving back made this extra special. Pick up your favorite Frito Lay items to make your holiday celebrations easier than ever and find more Holiday recipes and tips and tricks on Frito Lay’s Pinterest page!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!