Smoked Old Fashioned Cocktails are incredibly delicious and the perfect way to kick off a weekend cookout. A classic whiskey cocktail with a smoky kick.
Make a batch of our homemade Smoked Simple Syrup to have on hand for simple cocktails and impress your friends with a smoky old fashioned whiskey cocktail this weekend.
Smoked Old Fashioned Cocktail ~ Easy Recipe
Making cocktails at home is really simple and can taste just as fabulous as the drinks you get in a fancy bar. This smoked old fashioned is our new favorite and we will be keeping the smoked simple syrup on hand to make them often.
- Ice ~ Cubed ice is traditional for old fashioned cocktails.
- Smoked Simple Syrup ~ Easy recipe that you can make on your grill or smoker.
- Whiskey ~ TX Blended Whiskey or your favorite.
- Fresh Oranges ~ The citrus adds a perfect balance to the cocktail.
- Angostura Bitters ~ Optional if you don't have an orange.
How to Make Smoked Old Fashioned Cocktails:
- Add ice to a rocks glass.
- Next, add smoked simple syrup.
- Use a cocktail jigger to measure whiskey.
- Pour over ice.
- Squeeze a bit of the orange into the glass and add as a garnish. Alternately, add a couple of dashes of the bitters.
- Stir to mix well.
- Serve immediately.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
HANDY TOOLS FOR THE HOME BAR:
- I use this bar set and it has everything you need for cocktails at home.
- These Old Fashioned, Rocks Glasses are perfect for whiskey cocktails.
- A Microplane Twist & Zest is perfect for juicing and making citrus garnishes for my favorite cocktails.
- This Ice Crusher is my new favorite thing. Great if you don’t have an ice maker that crushes ice in your fridge.
- If you really want to get fancy, this Countertop Ice Maker makes the nugget ice, just like Sonic and is so good for cocktails.
More Whiskey Cocktails to Try:
If you are looking for a new twist on a classic cocktail to serve at your next gathering with friends, this Smoked Old Fashioned is a surefire hit. It pairs perfectly with any dinner on the grill!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- Ice Cubes
- 1 ounce Smoked Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces Whiskey - we used TX Blended Whiskey
- 2 orange slices
- 4 dashes Angostura Bitters, optional
- Add ice to 2 rocks glasses.
- Top each with ½ ounce of smoked simple syrup.
- Add 2 ounces of whiskey to each glass.
- Squeeze a few drops of orange into each glass or add 2 dashes of Angostura bitters.
- Stir well and garnish with orange slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 0g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.