Reindeer Cake Mix Cookies are a super easy treat to make for the holidays and they are really fun to make and decorate with the kids.
Cake Mix Cookies are a great shortcut recipe. They turn out soft and chewy and it’s easy to make variations like Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies. Use any cake mix flavor you like along with your favorite mix-ins.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients Needed for Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Butter or Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Frosting
- Small Pretzel Twists
- Candy Eyeball Sprinkles
- Red M&M’s Candies
Step By Step Instructions for Reindeer Cookies
- Mix butter or oil and eggs together in a mixer bowl. Add the cake mix, mixing until combined.
- Scoop cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Leave the cookies in round if you want puffy cookies or press them flat with the bottom of a glass if you want a flatter cookie.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread chocolate frosting on the bottom sides of the cookies.
- Place two pretzels into the frosting for the antlers on one of the cookies and sandwich the cookies together.
- Add a bit of frosting to the eye ball sprinkles and press into one side of the cookie sandwiches. Dot frosting on an M&M and place on the cookie for the nose.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Store cookie sandwiches in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days, refrigerate up to 7 days.
Make these Rudolph chocolate sandwich cookies to share with friends and family for the holidays. They are super simple to make and easy to decorate for a fun family Christmas project.
If you are looking for more holiday inspiration, these Grinch Cookies are a family favorite and so easy to make.
These Reindeer Cookies are delicious enough to make all year long, so you can skip the decorating and just have chocolate whoopie pies.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Help us share on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook!
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add butter and eggs to a mixer bowl and beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the cake mix and beat until well combined. Batter will be stiff.
- Scoop onto lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Flatten with a fork or bottom of a glass if you want flat cookies, leave in balls if you want a fluffy cookie.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until cookies are set.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread frosting onto the bottom sides of 2 cookies.
- Press 2 pretzels into the top side of the frosting on one cookie. Sandwich the cookies together.
- Put a bit of chocolate frosting on the candy eye sprinkles and place on top of the sandwiches. Add frosting to the m&m and place on the sandwich for a nose. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Store cookie sandwiches in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or refrigerate up to 7 days.
Skip the pretzels and candies for Chocolalte Whoopie Pies to serve anytime of year.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 799Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 127gFiber: 4gSugar: 63gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.