This No Bake Fudge Bottom Caramel Pie is incredibly rich and delicious and so simple to put together. A great addition to a holiday menu or special occasion.
This post is in partnership with Wayfair.
When I’m offered a food challenge, I’m always interested. A pie challenge, even better. That means we eat pie! My family often says that I don’t make pie near often enough. So challenge accepted and here it is, a mega- rich and delicious no bake pie that you are going to love!
This No Bake Fudge Bottom Caramel Pie is just a few simple ingredients. Oreo cookies and butter for the crust, a layer of fudge and then the most incredible filling of cream cheese, dulce de leche caramel, and whipping cream all topped off with a little cool whip. I drizzled it all with a little caramel and chocolate. This is really an irresistible combination!
Many of my kitchen things are in storage while we are building the new log cabin. Every week there’s something I wish I hadn’t packed. This week I miss my food processor but I made the cookie crust by placing the cookies in a ziplock bag and crushed them with a rolling pin.
I also miss the whisk attachment for my mixer- so this pie has cool whip instead of whipped cream. Oh well it’s all good and when the log cabin is finished it will be like Christmas unpacking all of my kitchen things.
The caramel filling for this pie is the same filling that I used for the Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecake Shooters. I just kept thinking it would be irresistible with chocolate and it is!
The filling is pretty soft so I decided to freeze it to make it easier to slice. You can just refrigerate it but it is a little messy to serve. Honestly, we couldn’t wait to try it so we has a couple of slices as soon as I had it together and then I covered it and put it in the freezer, over night.
I let it set out of the freezer for about 20 minutes and it sliced like a dream. I liked the consistency of the filling a little better but it is really good either way. Just try it!
For the Crust:
- 22 oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
For the Fudge Bottom
- 4 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dulce de leche caramel
- 2 cups heavy cream
For the Garnish:
- 8 oz Cool Whip (or sweetened whipped cream)
- chocolate & caramel sauce for drizzle *optional
- Place oreo cookies in a ziplock bag and crush finely with a rolling pin (or give them a quick whirl in the food processor). Pour into a pie plate and add melted butter. Stir to combine. Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Roughly chop chocolate pieces. Add 1/2 cup whipping cream to a small sauce pan and heat until it just starts to bubble. Add chocolate to a bowl and pour whipping cream over and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over cookie crust. Place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Add softened cream cheese and dulce de leche to a mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth and well combined. Slowly add 2 cups of whipping cream at low speed until combined. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. MIx on medium-high for about 2 minutes or until mixture is fluffy. Pour over fudge layer. Top with cool whip or whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate or freeze until ready to serve.
- If frozen, remove pie about 20 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel sauce if desired.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of the Wayfair Homemakers program. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.