As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mocha Brownie Trifles are a decadent dessert that is perfect for special occasions and holiday get togethers!
This is a sponsored post with Single Edition Media on behalf of KitchenAid.
Mocha Brownie Trifles
I love all things coffee and chocolate so I’m considering this to be the pretty much the best dessert ever. It comes together so easily and would be a fantastic dessert for entertaining.
The KitchenAid SiphonBrew delivers clean tasting, bright, richly flavored coffee and it looks so modern sitting in your kitchen. I’m pretty sure I will be adding one of these to the list for the new kitchen.
There is no better way for me to start the day than a good cup of coffee. I’m pretty excited about the new line of Craft Coffee products from KitchenAid.
The science and complex flavor of siphon brewing comes from vapor pressure pushing the water up through the siphon tube. Then, vacuum suction and gravity draw the coffee down through the grounds. KitchenAid has simplified this process to extract a cup of coffee that showcases all the distinctive flavors of your favorite beans.
The key to this dessert is the great coffee, it really highlights the chocolate flavor. I love cooking and baking with coffee. One of my favorite pot roast recipes is made with coffee and creates an incredibly rich and flavorful gravy.
My Mocha Brownie Truffles are always a huge hit for the holidays and was the inspiration for these Mocha Brownie Trifles. Think outside the cup and you will love the depth of flavor that coffee can add to your holiday recipes!
I melted semi-sweet chocolate chips with a bit of my morning coffee. Whipped up some heavy cream and then combined the two together.
I layered that with some of my favorite brownies (also made with coffee) in mason jars and topped it off with a little of the whipped cream. Make these tasty treats a day ahead for an impressive and delicious dessert that your guests will love.
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 4 brownies (about 2 1/2 inch squares)
- Whip heavy cream in an electric mixer until peaks form. Refrigerate while making the ganache.
- Add chocolate chips and coffee to a double boiler and heat, stirring constantly until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside until ganache comes to room temperature.
- Set aside a heaping cup of whipped cream for garnish.
- Cut brownies into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Fold ganache into remaining whipped cream until well combined.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into 6 mason jars layering with brownie chunks. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and a brownie square.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to serve.