Kit Kat Skillet Cookies are a quick and easy cookie baked with everyone’s favorite crispy candy bars and an extra drizzle of caramel and chocolate. Too good to pass up!
I’m guessing that you have seen the mini candy bars. They are so darned addicting. I want to eat the whole entire bag. Doesn’t really matter which kind either, I want them all. Instead of eating this whole bag of Kit Kat Bites, I baked cookies, skillet cookies which are way easier by the way.
I need easy these days. I know I have taken on too much, I am in a constant state of being behind. It’s just so hard for me to turn away work. It is work that I love and that just makes it even harder to say no. I stink at saying no.
The first few years of having this blog was mostly for fun. I wanted more out of it but knew it would take time and lots and lots of effort. The recipe development jobs are my passion and earlier this spring I decided to write an e-cookbook to share with all of you. I have about 8 or 10 recipes for it, including these Kit Kat Skillet Cookies.
My social media/virtual assistant work has grown to the point that I have had zero time to spend on the cookbook and I have barely been getting recipes posted here. I feel pressure to get recipes up every week and it can be overwhelming. Sometimes with all that life throws my way, I just don’t get it all done. I’m sure everyone has these struggles and I know you all will understand if my regular posting schedule goes a little haywire here for a bit.
I appreciate you sticking with me as I head down this winding road of life. I haven’t decided rather to finish the e-cookbook or just keep sharing the recipes here with you. So let me know, are you interested in e-cookbooks or just happy navigating your favorite food sites for new recipes? I gotta know.
In the meantime pick up some Kit Kat Bites, try not to eat them all and bake these cookies! If you don’t have a cast iron skillet in your kitchen, you should pick one up! They are the handiest and most durable thing you can get!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups Kit Kat Bites
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche caramel
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a large cast iron skillet with non-stick baking spray.
- Add butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add flour, salt and baking soda, beat at low speed until flour is combined, raise to medium speed and beat 2 minutes. Fold in Kit Kat Bites and Chocolate Chips.
- Pour cookie dough into skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle dulce de leche over warm cookies.
- Heat 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon milk in a small bowl in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies.
- Set aside and allow to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I will get a small amount if you make a purchase at no extra fee to you.