I’m sharing a super quick and easy appetizer for all of your end of summer entertaining. This Grilled Peaches, Basil and Honey Appetizer is simple, flavorful and delicious. Join us for this month’s Progressive Eats!
Things have been wildly crazy this month. Between moving and building, school starting, and figuring out a new internet service has me so far behind. I skipped last month’s Progressive Eats and if you missed it too, check out the great line-up of recipes using summer herbs at Creative Culinary.
Entertaining doesn’t have to be complicated and I always prefer to keep things simple. This Grilled Peaches, Basil and Honey Appetizer couldn’t be easier. If you are grilling, throw a couple of peaches on the grill as your coals start to die down. It just takes a few minutes on each side and summer fresh peaches become a little more juicy and perfectly sweet.
I actually grilled these peaches a day in advance, covered and refrigerated them until the next day. I cut them up over a block of softened cream cheese, added a drizzle of honey and a little fresh basil. I served it with whole grain bread and it would also be fantastic with crackers.
The flavors will totally knock your socks off. Of course if you aren’t into herbs, skip the basil, but I absolutely loved the basil and peach flavors together.
Now for our amazing roundup of #ProgressiveEats recipes featuring Stone Fruits:
- Black Plum, Avocado, and Mozzarella Salad from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Barbecue Sauce from Stetted
- Lamb and Fresh Plum Tagine from Spiceroots
- Pan-Seared Duck Breasts with Fresh Plum Sauce (GF) from The Heritage Cook
- Hot Curried Georgia Peaches from Never Enough Thyme
- Peach-Bourbon Upside Down Cake from Creative Culinary
- Stone Fruit Panzanella Dulce (Dessert Panzanella) from Pastry Chef Online
- Peach Raspberry Galette from That Skinny Chic Can Bake
- Yogurt Plum Coffee Cake from girlichef
- Gluten-Free Apricot Almond Frangipane Tart from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Stone Fruit Cobbler from Food Hunter’s Guide
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month’s theme is all about Stone Fruits and is hosted by Ansh Dhar who blogs at Spiceroots. With Summer coming to an end, it’s a great time to use the Summer’s abundant bounty in everyday food. We have some great ideas this month to use all the stone fruit – from BBQ Sauce, to curries, to Duck and of course Desserts.
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.