Crunchy Barbecue Chicken Tenders are crispy, crunchy and bursting with barbecue flavor! The perfect weeknight dinner that the entire family will love!
Crunchy Barbecue Chicken Tenders
These crunchy barbecue chicken tenders were super easy to make and my family thought it was the best thing ever. I mean seriously, loved it.
For the next several days, I heard lots of comments about dinner being good, but not as good that crunchy chicken! It's guaranteed to be on the menu quite often.
My mother in law was telling me about a recipe she saw in a magazine using barbecue chips as the crust and I knew I had to try it. She tried the magazine recipe and said it was okay but the barbecue taste didn't really come through.
I couldn't stop thinking about it and came up with my own version. I dredged the chicken tenders in flour and then Dr. Pepper Barbecue Sauce. Then I rolled them in a combination of barbecue kettle chips and Ritz crackers.
I tend to fry all the things like Easy Popcorn Chicken, but it was so easy to stick these in the oven. They baked up crispy, crunchy and so full of barbecue deliciousness.
With easy dinners like this one, I finally got far enough along on my bookwork for the accountant to file my tax extension last week. Gosh I hate tax time! I still have to go through and finalize it all.
I swear every year that I will do better and not procrastinate until the very last minute. I never do. I can find every excuse on the planet to put it off, I am officially the worst. I'm just hoping to redeem myself with another round of Crunchy Barbecue Chicken Tenders!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 2 cups crushed Barbecue Kettle Chips
- 12 Ritz crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix crushed barbecue kettle chips and crushed Ritz crackers in a shallow dish.
- Place flour in a shallow dish and barbecue sauce in another dish.
- Dredge chicken tenders in flour, then barbecue sauce and then roll in chips and cracker mixture.
- Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.