Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti is a family favorite meal made with grilled or rotisserie chicken in a delicious cheesy sauce. This is a no-bake, skillet recipe that is quick and easy for busy families.
Ingredients for Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Cream Cheese
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Chicken Base
- Salt & Pepper
- Best Dry Rub
How to Make Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti:
- If you are grilling the chicken, drizzle with olive oil and season with the best dry rub or your favorite grilling blend.
- Cook over indirect fire for about 5 minutes, turn and continue to cook until chicken reaches 165° internal temperature.
- Remove from grill and rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Any cooked chicken will work in this recipe and a rotisserie chicken from the deli or leftover smoked whole chicken are great too.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil to cook spaghetti and cook according to package directions.
- Dice onions, peppers and garlic.
- Add olive oil and butter to a large skillet with onions, bell peppers and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat until vegetables are softened, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Mix in cream cheese, milk, chicken base with salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Whisk until melted.
- Add drained spaghetti and mix well, tongs work well for mixing.
- Stir in diced chicken.
- Serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store leftover spaghetti in a covered dish for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Reheat in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of milk per cup of spaghetti. Mix well, cover and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stir occasionally to heat evenly.
Chicken spaghetti is often mixed together and baked into a casserole, but I'm loving this skillet version for a quick and easy meal. It's a great way to use up leftover brown sugar chicken tenders and extra delicious if it's grilled chicken!
More Delicious Pasta Dinners to Try:
Our family loved this creamy and delicious Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti, it's a great weeknight dinner option to try this week!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
For the chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup Best Dry Rub (or your favorite grill seasonings)
For the Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to package directions and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish, optional
- To Grill the chicken: drizzle chicken tenders with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with dry rub on both sides.
- Cook over 300° indirect fire for five minutes, turn the chicken and continue to cook another 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Remove from grill and set aside to rest 5 minutes before slicing. Any cooked chicken or deli chicken can be substituted for grilled chicken.
- In a large skillet add 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and butter. Add diced onions, peppers and garlic. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often about 8 minutes.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and mix into vegetables with milk, chicken base, salt and pepper.
- Mix in shredded cheese until smooth.
- Toss spaghetti with cheese mixture and then add in chicken.
- Garnish with parsley or cilantro if desired and serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Reheat in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of milk per cup of spaghetti. Cook over medium heat, covered, stirring often until heated through, about 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 760Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 1366mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.