Buttermilk Ranch Dinner Rolls are a light and delicious homemade roll packed with tangy flavors. They make a great addition to both every day and holiday meals.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Red Star Yeast.
Buttermilk Ranch Dinner Rolls
I still say that making homemade bread is the best therapy. Kneading the dough does wonders for my attitude. Over the weekend I woke up thinking about these buttermilk ranch dinner rolls and I had to have them.
I started with my favorite Red Star Yeast Platinum, used buttermilk for the liquid and some ranch dressing mix to the flour and came up with this soft dough flecked with delicious flavors. If you love my Buttermilk Ricotta Skillet Rolls, I think you will love these too!
Making homemade bread can be intimidating at first, but with a little practice you will have it down in no time at all. Red Star Yeast has the most helpful information for successful baking with yeast. The tips and troubleshooting section for working with yeast is so helpful. If you are pretty new to baking with yeast you will love the Yeast & Baking Lessons!
I am about the worst at shaping rolls and getting them all the same size. This time I carefully divided the dough using my dough knife. Still not perfect but pretty close to the same size.
I love working with Red Star Yeast and I'm thrilled to their new cookbook Bake Up a Smile ebook! I contributed recipes along with some other rockstar bakers from a few of my favorite food blogs and you are going to love it! It has everything from sweet rolls, gorgeous loaves and dinner rolls to donuts. Oh how I love homemade donuts!
Download a free copy now.
There's something so comforting about the smell of homemade bread drifting through the kitchen. I often bake a batch of homemade rolls, Hawaiian Rolls or cinnamon rolls over the weekend. This weekend I made both! A batch of Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls were just the ticket for breakfast!
These rolls were soft and light and the flavors of the buttermilk and ranch dressing really shine through. They were the perfect compliment to our Sunday Pot Roast dinner.
I will admit the rolls came out of the oven a bit before I had the roast and gravy ready and I just couldn't wait to try them.
A nice slather of butter and I could've skipped the roast and potatoes and just ate the warm fresh rolls! They are so good!
Add these gorgeous homemade rolls to your next family dinner, they are guaranteed to steal the show!
More homemade breads to love:
Rosemary and Cheese Dinner Rolls from Foodness Gracious
Olive and Feta Swirl Rolls from Cookistry
Favorite Dinner Rolls from Barbara Bakes
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 package Red Star Yeast Platinum
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for brushing over baked rolls if desired
- 1 large egg
- 2 ½ - 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add buttermilk, Red Star Yeast Platinum, sugar and melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for about 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble.
- Add egg and mix to combine.
- Add 2 cups of flour, ranch dressing seasoning and salt. Stir until combined. Add flour ½ cup at a time until dough forms a ball and pulls away from bowl.
- Pour onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes, adding flour as needed.
- Place dough in a warm place and cover for an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- Punch dough down to remove air bubbles.
- Divide into 16 equal pieces and shape into balls. Place in a greased baking pan about 1- inch apart. Cover and let rise about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter if desired.