An Overnight Buttermilk French Toast Casserole is a special breakfast treat for any weekend with the family! Top this fluffy, baked French Toast with fresh berries and your favorite syrup for an amazing morning treat.
Buttermilk French Toast Casserole
Mother’s Day is coming up and this French Toast Casserole is the perfect breakfast to make for mom. It’s put together the night before and baked up fresh in the morning for the most delicious and fluffy French toast ever!
I made this French toast casserole with bakery croissants and a bit of buttermilk along with eggs and whole milk. It was literally the best I’ve ever had and the family loved it.
I have been intending to make this overnight casserole for sometime. I would end up using the croissants for something else or I would forget to put it together the night before.
With Mother’s Day was coming up, I wanted to share this recipe with y’all because it is perfect for special occasions! It it is so pretty served up with fresh berries which are starting to be plentiful in the grocery stores.
I’m loving these pretty dessert plates from the Q Squared NYC Lima Collection. They would also make a pretty sweet gift for Mom!
We have a gardening tradition on Mother’s Day and I love it. We finally got our hands on a tiller and we hope to actually put the garden in this weekend.
Of course after all of the rain we had last weekend, we are still up to our elbows in mud. So we will have to see if it’s dry enough to till and plant. Fingers crossed!
I’m also pretty excited to get a few big flower pots for the front porch. I found some super cute pots at Home Depot that are my favorite teal blue and I’m trying to decide what kind of flowers to plant. Vinca Impatients are my favorite and they are so easy to take care of.
Whatever your plans are this weekend, add this Buttermilk French Toast to them! It’s a guaranteed family favorite!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 oz crosissants, cut into 2 inch chunks
- Fresh berries and syrup for serving
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan or other large baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Add eggs, milk, buttermilk, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk together until eggs are well beaten. Add croissant chunks and stir until well combined. Pour into prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Cut into slices and serve with fresh berries and your favorite syrup.
Disclosure: I received a few pieces of the Lima Collection from Q Squared NYC for review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.