These easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls are a quick and easy dessert perfect after any meal. One of my all- time most popular recipes and for a good reason! They are reminiscent the fried pies McDonalds used to serve back in the day.
Apple Pie Egg Rolls
I saw one of the Food Network stars making apple chimichangas and thought I had to have some for myself. I bought flour tortillas and apples, and then I used the flour tortillas for tacos.
Still wanting some kind of fried apple pie dessert I used the egg roll wrappers I had in place of the flour tortillas. I know, I know frying dessert just makes it more sinful, but these are totally delicious.
Maybe they would be good baked, but not as good as fried. I was sad the day McDonald's stopped frying their apple pies, but I recently discovered KFC still fries theirs and Whattaburger makes a darn good fried apple pie!
I served these up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce, and it was heaven!
UPDATE: I did an interview with the Casper Star-Tribune newspaper and they made a video of me making these Apple Pie Egg Rolls! Watch it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 egg roll wrappers
- vegetable oil for frying
- for garnish:
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until apples are tender. Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool, about 3o minutes.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of apple filling into each egg roll wrapper, wet edges of wrapper with water, roll up sealing edges. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil to about 350 degrees, add egg rolls two at a time, turning to cook all sides, remove to paper lined plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, it's good!