Apple Pie Egg Rolls are a quick and easy dessert to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dunk them in your favorite caramel sauce.
When it comes to classic desserts, Apple Pie is always near the top. These tasty Apple Pie Egg Rolls are just as delicious in a fraction of the time.
They are reminiscent the fried apple pies McDonalds used to serve back in the day and my first viral recipe when I was new to sharing recipes on the internet. I am excited to share the updated photos and recipe so y'all can try them.
These Apple Pie Egg Rolls were inspired by a craving for apple pie chimichangas and being out of tortillas. If you have extra apples on hand, give these Air Fryer Churro Apple Pie Bombs a try.
🟢 Ingredients Needed
- Apples: Granny Smith, Gala, Honey Crisp or Rave
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Granulated Sugar or Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Sauce
🟢 Step by Step Directions
- Peel apples, remove the cores. Cut apples into quarters and then dice.
- Place apples in a skillet with butter, brown sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until apples just start to get tender and thicken.
- Remove from heat and place into a bowl. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to cool or pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to speed up the cooling.
- Place water into a small bowl.
- Spoon apple filling into the center of each egg roll wrapper.
- Brush water around the edges of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper, tucking in the sides and pinching to seal as you roll it up.
- Place seam side down and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan or skillet to 350° - 375°.
- Place 2 to 3 egg rolls into hot oil and cook, turning to brown on all sides, about 2 - 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and a wire rack.
- Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over fried egg rolls or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- These apple pie egg rolls are also delicious dunked into caramel sauce or whipped cream.
🟢 How to Store and Reheat
Apple pie egg rolls are best served immediately. Leftovers can be stored wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in oven, toaster oven or air fryer. Cook at 350° for 3- 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you are craving apple desserts, give these quick and easy Apple Pie Egg Rolls a try. They are so delicious dipped in caramel sauce or served with vanilla ice cream.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups apples, peeled, cored, and diced (granny smith, honey crisp, gala or rave)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 6 - 7 egg roll wrappers
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or powdered sugar
- 2 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Ice cream and Caramel Sauce: optional for serving
- In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, brown sugar, cornstarch and 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often until apples are tender, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and place in the refrigerator to cool, about 30 minutes or in the freezer for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to speed up the cooling process.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of apple filling into each egg roll wrapper, wet edges of wrapper with water, roll up, folding in the edges and pinching the ends to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and top with a wire rack.
- Mix 1 tablespoon granulated sugar with remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon on a saucer or in a small bowl.
- Heat oil to about 350 degrees in a heavy pan or skillet. Add egg rolls two to three at a time, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove to the wire rack. Roll the egg rolls in cinnamon sugar or sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat with remaining egg rolls.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce if desired.
Storage: Store leftover, cooled egg rolls wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
Reheat in a 350° oven, toaster oven or air fryer for 3- 5 minutes or until heated through.