No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream is a delicious summer treat made with a homemade vanilla base, fresh cherries and a buttery, brown sugar and oat crunch!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
PIN IT TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways. You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
When I was a kid, my Aunt Patsy had an ice cream shop and I would always get a double scoop of cherry vanilla ice cream. I think it’s the only time I ever had it. It was vanilla ice cream filled with maraschino cherries. It was so good!When the Rainier Cherries arrived on my door step, I couldn’t stop thinking about that cherry vanilla ice cream. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted it. Check out that OXO Cherry Pitter – it is the best thing since sliced bread!
I guess I never stop thinking about food… Anyway, I was thinking about topping from my blackberry crisp and decided that would make a good addition to my cherry vanilla ice cream.
I crumbled the mixture over my silicone baking liner and baked it until it was crunchy. I let it cool and crumbled it up to stir into the ice cream.
I used sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, whipped cream and vanilla for the base. I added in the chopped cherries and the crisp topping.
I poured it all into a bread pan, covered it with plastic wrap and put it in the freezer over night. I could hardly wait to try it!
I set it pan out to soften slightly and as soon as I could, I grabbed a spoon to test it out. I loved it, as in LOVED IT! I probably ate way more than my fair share of this ice cream! I might need to swim a thousand more laps in the pool but who’s counting!
This is perfect if you don’t have an ice cream maker, so easy and it turned out incredibly delicious. I think I might try it in the ice cream maker next time to see if it would make it even creamier but it is seriously amazing as it is. I hope you will give it a try!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup Dixie Crystals Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Land O'Lakes Butter
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons Adams Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups chopped and pitted Rainier Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add flour, oats, sugar and salt into a bowl and stir to combine. Add butter and mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over a silicone lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on a wire rack to cool. Crumble and set aside.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, whole milk and vanilla to a bowl. Whisk to combine. Fold in whipped cream. Add cherries and 2 cups of baked crisp crumbles.
- Pour into a freezer safe container and cover.
- Freeze 8 hours or overnight.
- Store extra crisp crumbles in an airtight container to serve with ice cream or another use.
- Remove from freezer and allow to soften slightly before serving.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
In addition, Dixie Crystals is hosting a Sugar Giveaway! You know you could use some sugar with all of these fabulous recipes to try! Enter here.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.