This Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee is so easy to make at home! Skip the line at the coffee house and enjoy this delicious coffee treat any time.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Equal.
Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee
I enjoy those special coffee treat from the expensive coffee shop as much as the next person but I only make it to those coffee shops about twice a year. Being a total coffee fanatic, I’ve learned to make them at home.
How to Make Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee
You have to start with good coffee and it’s best if you can grind your own beans. Next up you need good water. Then I recommend a French press. You can do a cold brew, but I find this method works for my spur of the moment, I need this right now cravings.
Add coarse ground coffee to a French press. Heat water just to the boiling point and let it cool to 200 degrees. Pour over the coffee and let it set for about 30 seconds. Give it a quick stir and add the plunger, stopping just above the coffee and water. Let it set 5 minutes and then very slowly, lower to plunger.
If you want a latte, heat your milk but don’t boil it. Mix half coffee and half milk for each cup. Add your favorite flavorings and enjoy.
I added vanilla bean paste and a couple packets of Equal. It was the perfectly balanced latte. Equal is a zero calorie sweetener and that goes a long way with enjoying my favorite coffee treats in moderation. Y’all know I need all the help I can get with indulging in my favorite treats.
The weather is already warming up here in Oklahoma but I still have coffee cravings. For this vanilla bean iced coffee, I just skipped heating the milk and poured the combination over ice. It was the perfect afternoon pick me up.
I pick Emmet up from school every afternoon. He’s almost always starving when I pick him up and so I pack a snack and something to drink for him to enjoy on the way home. This Vanilla Bean Iced Coffee will be on permanent rotation for me and is perfect for that afternoon break when I head in to the school.
However you enjoy your coffee or tea, try adding in a packet of Equal! Equal® 0-calorie sweetener is sold in 50-, 115-, 230- and 800-ct boxes for your convenience! You will not miss those extra calories, I know I do not!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 16 oz water
- 4 tablespoons coarse ground coffee
- 8 oz whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 4 packets Equal 0-Calorie Sweetener
- Heat water to 200 degrees. Add coffee to a French press. Pour heated water over coffee, let stand 30 seconds. Stir gently. Add plunger to French press and lower to just above water and coffee. Let stand 5 minutes. Plunge very slowly to bottom.
- For vanilla latte, heat milk just until heated through but not boiling. Stir together with coffee, Equal and vanilla bean paste. Serve in 2 small coffee mugs.
- For vanilla bean iced coffee, skip heating the milk. Mix coffee, cold milk, Equal and vanilla bean paste. Stir well and serve over ice.