Turkey and Avocado Waffle Iron Panini Sandwiches are perfect for a quick lunch and ideal for enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers. Whole wheat bread with roasted turkey, creamy avocado and smoky cheese make for a toasty and delicious sandwich.
Sandwiches are not my favorite but I could eat this Turkey & Avocado Waffle Iron Panini pretty much every day. I added avocado to the leftover turkey and some smoked cheese and then grilled it in the waffle iron. I use my KitchenAid Waffle Baker all the time.
The waffle iron has so much more potential than just making waffles. Did you see the Mashed Potatoes, Cheddar and Chive Waffles from Joy the Baker. Oh my. I need to make these to go with these sandwiches!
So are you headed out to shop today? I haven’t ever went out for Black Friday shopping, I just can’t handle the crazy crowds. I tend to do a lot of online shopping but since we live closer to great shopping I might just have to scope out the stores this year.
I am working on some great gift idea posts for you and I have a some great Christmas treats up my sleeve to share with you. So what is your shopping game plan? Do you shop locally, take a trip to the big city or order online? What are your favorite places to shop? I’d love to hear all about them!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ½ avocado, seeded and peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 slices of roasted turkey
- 1 slice smoked cheese (I used smoked gouda)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Butter each piece of bread. Season avocado with garlic and salt. Layer bread with avocado, turkey and cheese. Top with the other slice of bread. Cook in a waffle iron for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut into quarters and serve immediately.
Disclosure: I received the waffle baker for recipe development purposes. This is not a sponsored post and all opinions and text are my own.