When fall rolls around, all I want to do is bake bread! I made a batch of Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls with Chocolate Drizzle and they were quite the treat with my morning coffee!
This post is in partnership with Red Star Yeast.
Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls with Chocolate Drizzle
These sweet rolls are the light and fluffy with just a touch of peanut butter filling and a delicious chocolate glaze. Chocolate and peanut butter is one of the best flavor combos, so I know everyone will love these!
How to Make Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls
I gathered up the basic homemade bread dough ingredients (forgetting to grab an egg for the photo). My favorite Red Star Yeast, all purpose flour, butter, milk, an egg, sugar and salt. This is the base for many of my favorite dinner rolls and I knew it would produce a soft and fluffy sweet roll.
Don't be intimidated by yeast but make sure that your yeast is fresh and not expired! I've made that mistake so many times and it can be disappointing.
Red Star Yeast gives me dependable results, every single time. I've learned a lot from Red Star Yeast's Baking Tips and Baking Lessons!
I added the liquid ingredients plus the sugar and yeast to the mixing bowl and let the mixture set until it started to bubble. I stirred in the dry ingredients, adding the flour 1 cup at a time until the dough came together.
I really like to knead the dough by hand but you can totally use your mixer. I covered the dough and let it rise for about 45 minutes.
I rolled the dough out using a wine bottle because I still have much of my kitchen packed up until the log cabin is finished.
My rolling job was not perfect but this dough is forgiving and easy to shape! Make do with what you got, right? I spread a mixture of peanut butter, cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar over the dough and rolled it up from the long side.
I buttered the pan, and scattered the rolls around with a little space for rising.
I let them rise for about an hour and a half, but and hour probably would've been fine.
I set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes and when I started to smell the rolls, I went to check them and they were done. I realized one of the boys had picked up my phone and ran away with it.
I hollered and asked how much time was left on the timer. The response- "20 minutes" uh huh, thanks for helping, I only set it for 15! Boys!
A drizzle of a simple chocolate glaze was just what these sweet rolls needed. They were just as soft and fluffy as I'd hoped and totally irresistible!
If fall gives you the urge to bake, you must try these sweet rolls! They are the ultimate morning treat! They are also a big hit on Christmas morning. Just perfect for those peanut butter and chocolate lovers in your family!
I often bake up an extra pan or two of sweet rolls for the neighbors at Christmas time. There's nothing better than baking and sharing during the holidays. It is my favorite!!
Connect with Red Star Yeast: Recipes * Facebook * Instagram * Pinterest * Twitter
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
FACEBOOK| PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM|TWITTER| BLOGLOVIN
Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls are also a great idea when that craving hits for delicious sweet rolls!
Peanut Butter Sweet Rolls with Chocolate Drizzle
For Sweet Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk (about 110 degrees)
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 package Red Star Yeast ( I used quick rise yeast)
- 3-4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
For Chocolate Glaze
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Add milk, butter egg, sugar and yeast into a mixing bowl and whisk together to combine. Let set 5 minutes or until mixture starts to bubble.
- Add 1 cup of flour and salt. Stir together adding 1- 2 cups of flour until dough comes together.
- Pour onto a floured surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes, until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Add more flour as needed.
- Cover and let rest 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll dough to about a 10 x 12- inch rectangle.
- In a mixing bowl combine peanut butter, cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread over dough evenly.
- Roll up from the long side, pinching the seam together.
- Cut into 12 slices (about 1 ½ inches) with a serrated knife. Place on a greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Cover and let rise about 1 - 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Prepare glaze by mixing cocoa powder and powdered sugar together and whisking in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. Drizzle over baked rolls.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Best if enjoyed within 1 day of baking. Store leftovers, covered in refrigerator.
*prep time does not include rising time.
Disclosure: I have an ongoing relationship with Red Star Yeast. I was compensated for this recipe but all thoughts and opinions are my own. I've been using Red Star Yeast for baking for many, many years. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.
Aggie | Aggie's Kitchen
Can you send a batch to Florida?? These look amazing! PB & chocolate always wins me over.
Wow Miss those look so good, sweet rolls & coffee
Also we have been enjoying the log cabin build
Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Those rolls look totally irresistible!
I pretty much love that you found a way to have some chocolate and peanut butter with breakfast. These are totally acceptable for breakfast, right?