This is a sponsored post on behalf of ViSalus.
Waffles are on the top of the list of breakfast favorites around our house. Breakfast is somewhat laid back during the summer but still quite important. My older boys work hard on the ranch during the summer and a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast is necessary.
When we are baling hay (note when I say we, I mean the guys) lunch time can vary between eleven and two or three o’clock depending on the day. So if I can send the boys out the door with a protein packed breakfast it’s a good thing.
My boys are tall and lean, you’ve seen my recipes and they are not low-cal or fat free by any means. Every fall when football starts they decide they want to bulk up with protein shakes. It never goes well.
I received some of the Vi-Shape Shake Mix (protein shake mix) from Visalus. I was pleasantly surprised that it smelled good (other brands we’ve tried, not so much). I added it to the Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Waffles that I was making for the week and it gave them an extra boost of protein. Great for starving teenage boys!
The waffles were a huge hit and I sent the boys off to work knowing that they wouldn’t starve before lunch. The boys wanted to know why I never thought of this before!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Vi Shape Shake Mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, whole wheat flour, Vi Shape shake mix, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together peanut butter, butter, milk and eggs until smooth. Add to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour about 1 cup of batter into a pre-heated waffle iron and bake 2-3 minutes or until waffles are browned and cooked through. Place on a wire rack until ready to serve.
- Great served with fresh fruit or your favorite syrup.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of ViSalus. As always all opinions are my own.