The first time I ate an OREO Truffle I was hooked. Everything I love about dessert wrapped up in a decadent little bite. I make them every Christmas and everyone loves them.
The other day I was bragging about finally having coffee ice cream in my freezer and at the same time chatting about the goodness of OREOS on twitter when inspiration struck!
See I’m not totally wasting time on twitter, inspiration can strike anytime! I just knew it was going to be great and I couldn’t wait to share it with you. I have it for you, just in time for the holidays.
Make these, keep them in the freezer and when holiday guests drop by, and you will wow them with OREO-Coffee Ice Cream Truffles! I shared a few when the family was over for our little guy’s 8th birthday. Rave reviews!
The coffee flavor perfectly compliments the chocolate, it isn’t overwhelming, but if you aren’t into coffee ice cream use chocolate or mint chocolate chip or whatever floats your boat. Sooooo goood!
There’s no need to soften them, the consistency is just right for eating right out of the freezer. They hold together but aren’t rock solid. I also think they would be cute on a stick, what isn’t though? I just never remember to buy lollipop sticks.
Are you inspired? Well I’m pairing up with Kitchen Play for Play Up Dessert with OREO! Get in the kitchen and start creating! Write a post about it, leave a comment and link to your post on Kitchen Play and you could win one of two $70 OREO prize packs. My prize pack was filled with OREO Cookies, Crate and Barrel nesting bowls, a super handy chocolate dipping tool, sprinkles, the cutest snowman placemat, an OREO cookbook and food coloring for icing. Fun stuff I tell you! Multiple entries are allowed, as long as a separate OREO dessert post is created for each entry. Deadline is midnight on December 31, 2012 (PT). Best of luck and have fun! Now let’s see what inspires you!
- 24 OREO Cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup coffee ice cream, softened
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Add OREOS to a food processor and pulse until cookies are finely crumbled. Add cream cheese and ice cream, process until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish, cover and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and using a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Place baking sheet in freezer for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add milk chocolate chips and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Remove truffles a few at a time and dip each into melted chocolate. Carefully scrape excess from bottom of truffle and place on a lined baking sheet. After you have coated about 6, return them to the freezer. Repeat with remaining truffles. Re-heating chocolate if necessary.
- Place white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Pour into a zip top bag and snip the corner. Drizzle over frozen truffles and place back in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Place OREO-Coffee Ice Cream Truffles into a Freezer zip top bag or air tight container in the freezer until ready to serve.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of OREO through Kitchen Play all opinions are my own.