This Mocha Pecan Pie takes the holiday classic to a whole new level of deliciousness! Packed with pecans and gooey chocolate, this is sure to be a hit for the holidays!
I'm totally in denial that Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away. Total denial. Desserts are generally my favorite part of the holiday meal. I've been doing a little testing and I think I have a new favorite.
Since moving to the new ranch, I've discovered there are the pecan trees! We also have black walnuts, persimmons, and I think wild plums but the pecans are my favorite. As much as I love pecans, pecan pie has never been my favorite. I think it's just too sweet, which considering my ginormous sweet tooth, makes no sense at all.
I recently got the chance to try T-Sugars Gourmet Cassonade Sugar and decided to use it in a twist on traditional pecan pie. I replaced the corn syrup with the gourmet brown sugar and added chopped semi-sweet chocolate. The results were downright amazing. It was almost brownie- like and so delicious, totally worthy of the holiday desserts table!
T-Sugars Cassonade Gourmet Brown Sugar is natural with no preservatives or coloring agents. It's gluten-free and has a distinct flavor and texture. I would describe it as a deeper more caramel flavor with a more coarse texture. You will notice a deeper more golden brown from the baked goods that are made with the gourmet brown sugar. This is not your ordinary brown sugar.
If you are looking for something new for your holiday desserts table, try this Mocha Pecan Pie! I hope your family loves it as much as mine did!
- 1 pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 1 ½ cups T-Sugars Cassonade Gourmet Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 ½ cups pecans
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish ~ optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pie crust in a pie plate and set aside.
- Add brown sugar, flour and salt to a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Add eggs, melted butter, and vanilla and mix well. Fold in pecans and chopped chocolate. Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until pie has set.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate if desired.