Meatball Poppers are the perfect comfort food bites for family meals or game day get togethers! This is a sponsored post in partnership with Casa Di Bertacchi.
Cooler fall weather has us all gathering around for comfort food. Rather it is to watch the big game or just a get together with family and friends, good food is a must. Today I’m sharing a really delicious recipe that makes a family favorite meal but also works for bite-sized game day appetizers!
Everyone will love these Meatball Poppers! Homemade pizza dough wrapped around delicious meatballs and dipped in your favorite marinara sauce. You can serve it up next to a green salad and call it dinner or right from the skillet for your finger food buffet.
I made the pizza dough but you can used store bought if it’s handy for you. The meatballs are Casa Di Bertacchi from Sam’s Club. You get a giant 6# bag for less than $15! They are fully cooked and individually frozen, making them so handy to have in the freezer. Just pull out as many as you need or use the whole bag if you are feeding the entire football team!
Casa Meatballs are delicious and tender Italian and Romano cheese seasoned beef meatballs. I have been tossing them into pasta casseroles, over spaghetti with marinara and my favorite so far are these Meatball Poppers. So dang tasty!
Casa is generously hosting a Fall Favorites giveaway, so you can create your own Fall feast. Just enter on the widget below. Please be patient, it can take a minute to load.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2½ to 3 cups all purpose flour
- 32 Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs
- 4 oz Mozzarella, sliced into ½ inch pieces *optional
- 1 batch of homemade pizza dough or store-bought
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Add warm water to a large bowl, stir in yeast and sugar. Allow to stand 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble. Add olive oil and stir to combine. Add 1 cup of flour and mix until combined. Add salt and 1 cup of flour. Mix until dough starts to pull away from bowl, adding flour ¼ cup at a time until dough ball forms. Pour onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3 minutes, adding flour as needed until dough is no longer sticky. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and knead to remove air. Divide into 32 equal pieces. Roll each piece to a small round.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add a meatball and a slice of cheese to each dough circle and pinch seams together. Roll into a ball. Place into a greased cast iron skillet (or baking pan). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan over low and add garlic slices to pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush baked Meatball Poppers with garlic butter.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Casa Di Bertacchi, I was compensated for my time and provided with product for recipe development and Casa is sponsoring the giveaway. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make this site possible.