As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Meatball Poppers are the perfect comfort food bites for family meals or game day get togethers!
Cooler fall weather has us all gathering around for comfort food. Rather it is to watch the big game or just a get together with family and friends, good food is a must. Today I’m sharing a really delicious recipe that makes a family favorite meal but also works for bite-sized game day appetizers!
Everyone will love these Meatball Poppers! Homemade pizza dough wrapped around delicious meatballs and dipped in your favorite marinara sauce. You can serve it up next to a green salad and call it dinner or right from the skillet for your finger food buffet.
I made the pizza dough but you can used store bought if it’s handy for you. Frozen meatballs will work for this recipe or use the homemade meatballs from these Barbecue Meatball Hoagies.
More Meatball Recipes to Try:
Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy is one of the most comforting and delicious dinners!
Quick Ravioli with Sausage Meatballs will be a new family favorite! Quick and easy for any night of the week.
Barbecue Meat Pies will knock your socks off. Grilled meatballs stuffed inside a flaky pastry!
Pesto Meatball Pizza is a great dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all purpose flour
For Meatball Poppers
- 32 Casa Di Bertacchi Meatballs
- 4 oz Mozzarella, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces *optional
- 1 batch of homemade pizza dough or store-bought
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced in half
- 2 cups marinara sauce
Prepare Pizza Dough
- Add warm water to a large bowl, stir in yeast and sugar. Allow to stand 5 minutes or until yeast starts to bubble. Add olive oil and stir to combine.
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix until combined. Add salt and 1 cup of flour.
- Mix until dough starts to pull away from bowl, adding flour 1/4 cup at a time until dough ball forms.
- Pour onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 3 minutes, adding flour as needed until dough is no longer sticky. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Punch dough down and knead to remove air. Divide into 32 equal pieces. Roll each piece to a small round.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Add a meatball and a slice of cheese to each dough circle and pinch seams together. Roll into a ball.
- Place into a greased cast iron skillet (or baking pan). Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small pan over low and add garlic slices to pan. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brush baked Meatball Poppers with garlic butter.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 676Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 1063mgCarbohydrates: 101gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g