Herb Crusted Roast Beef is a flavorful and delicious meal for any night of the week. Made with a chuck roast, rump roast or sirloin roast and a simple blend of herbs and seasonings. Cook this easy recipe on the grill or in the oven.
Herb Crusted Roast Beef
Roast beef doesn't have to be boring, dry and tasteless. You will love this simple herb rub on a beef roast for a flavorful dinner that will have you coming back for second helpings.
Just take me to the recipe! Scroll on down to the very bottom for the complete printable recipe. or read on for the step by step photos and directions.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Herb Crusted Roast Beef:
- Set roast out on counter for 2 hours before cooking.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Mix herb rub together in a bowl: onion flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic, kosher salt and dry mustard.
- Rub herb mixture into meat on all sides.
- For Grilling: Prepare grill to a 300° fire.
- Place roast over flame and sear on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Move roast to indirect heat and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135° to 140°.
- Remove from grill and place on a cutting board and tent with foil for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For Oven Roasting: Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place a roasting rack in a roasting pan - a wire rack on a cookie sheet will work also if you don't have a roasting pan.
- Cook roast for about 20 minutes or until it starts to brown. Reduce temperature to 300° and continue to cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135° to 140°.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 20 minutes before slicing.
Roasts are often different sizes, you may need to adjust your cooking time. A long, narrow roast will cook faster, while a thick and wide roast will need a little more cooking time. Just keep an eye on the internal temperature with a digital thermometer.
Roast beef is one of my favorites to make for any night of the week. We also like to cook them on the weekend and have delicious leftovers for the week. There are so many great options for leftover roast beef.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3-4 pound chuck roast or rump roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 3 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Allow roast to come to room temperature on counter for 2 hours before cooking.
- Rub olive oil over all sides of roast.
- Mix together dry onion flakes, Italian seasonings, garlic, kosher salt and dry mustard in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle rub over all sides of meat, pressing into roast beef.
- Grilling Method: Prepare grill to a 300° fire.
- Set roast over fire and sear on both sides, about 10 minutes.
- Using a spatula, set roast over indirect heat and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135° to 140°.
- Remove from to a cutting board, Tent with foil. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Oven Method: Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place roast into a roasting pan with a rack or use a wire cooling rack on a cookie sheet.
- Brown roast for about 20 minutes. Reduce oven to 300° and cook about 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 135° to 140°.
- Cover cooked roast with foil and rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 41gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 706mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 59g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.