Grilled Chicken Tostadas are a delicious and healthy dinner for any night of the week.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Produce for Kids.
I'm happy to be joining forces with Produce for Kids again this summer to encourage families to add a few more fruits and veggies to their shopping carts this summer while supporting the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma!
You know my guys are typical meat and potatoes eaters but when I make dinners like these Grilled Chicken Tostadas, they are more than willing to pile on the veggies!
Nothing goes better with Tex-Mex than fresh tomatoes, onions, avocados and crisp lettuce. The secret must be piling it all on a crunchy tostada because if this was a salad, I would be hearing a few complaints, you know what I mean?
I am pretty sure I could eat Mexican food every day and never get tired of it. Never. I just can't get enough of the flavors and the fresh veggies to top it off with.
I made a simple marinade for the chicken and chopped all of the veggies ahead and this dinner came together so easily. After a long day, easy dinners are the answer!
We topped our grilled chicken tostadas with a little cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, diced avocados, and a fresh squeeze of lime. Pico de gallo is so simple to make with fresh tomatoes, onions and jalapeños. I added a squeeze of lime and a bit of cilantro.
Produce for kids offers so many great healthy snack recipes and meal ideas for summer. Be sure to check out for some great inspiration.
The annual Produce for Kids campaign is taking place at all Homeland Stores now through June 30. Be on the lookout out for the Produce for Kids logo near participating fresh produce to find out how you can help end hunger!
Through the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma’s Backpack Program, children receive a backpack full of kid-friendly, non-perishable and nutritious food on Friday to sustain them over weekends and school holidays. During the 2015-16 school year, over 21,000 students in 500 schools participated in the Backpack Program. Support brands with the Produce for Kids signage in your local Homeland store to help give back to this program.
Give these Grilled Chicken Tostadas a try this week! The whole family will come running to the dinner table!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- For the marinade:
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 baked tostadas
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I like Colby- Jack)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 lime, sliced
- Slice chicken breasts into 2 - inch strips. Mix marinade together and add chicken, stirring to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat grill. Add chicken to grill and discard marinade.
- Cook 8-10 minutes, turning to cook on both sides until cooked through (165 degrees internally).
- Remove from grill and allow to rest 3- 4 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite- sized pieces.
- Sprinkle each tostada with cheese and place on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler for about a minute, just until cheese is melted.
- Top with chicken, lettuce, pico de gallo, and avocado and a squeeze of lime.
- Serve immediately.