Green Tomato Salsa is a super simple version of salsa verde and a great way to enjoy green tomatoes. A delicious snack with chips or with your favorite tacos.
If you find yourself with an abundance of green tomatoes, make salsa! It is actually quite simple and just a slight variation from my Aunt Carolyn's Homemade Salsa that everyone goes crazy for.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
How to Make Green Tomato Salsa:
- Wash green tomatoes and remove the core, chop coarsely.
- Remove top of jalapeño, slice and remove membranes and seeds.
- Chop onion and slice garlic in half.
- Place tomatoes, onion, jalapeño and vinegar into a food processor.
- Process until finely chopped.
- Add tomato mixture to a sauce pan with sugar and salt.
Cook, stirring often and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you are planning to can the salsa, follow standard canning instructions with sterilized jars.
Recipe can be doubled as needed.
This Green Tomato Salsa is on the sweet side and not super spicy adjust the sugar and jalapeño flavor to your liking.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Best Tools for Making Homemade Salsa:
A food processor is so handy for making salsa or homemade pickle relish with your garden vegetables.
Canning Jars are perfect for storing your favorite condiments, rather you preserve them or just refrigerate them.
These Measuring Beakers are so handy for measuring liquids.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 cups diced green tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup onion, diced (I used yellow and red onions)
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ c + 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add diced tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic and onion to a food processor bowl with white vinegar.
- Process using the pulse button until finely chopped.
- Pour into a saucepan and stir in sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium- high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Lower temperature slightly and cook, stirring often about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Pour salsa into a jar and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Green tomato salsa will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Follow standard canning instructions to preserve in a sterilized canning jars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.